PRS guitars with wear

wsaraceni

Who has playing wear on the PRS? we've seen the sunken finishes. how about play wear.

My PRS Santana Brazilian has some arm wear. I used to play a lot sitting at the computer desk and would always knock the corner of the guitar into the desk. it started as a just being white. as i play and sweat on the guitar, it chips off very nicely. it's started out being very uncomfortable. then it gradually smoothed out.

yea...casper is the norm for PRSi with wear. what about the rest of you? I'll take pictures later to post but its really hard to see since its mostly just clear missing.

I've got rusted stoptail studs, gouged pole screws and tarnished pickup covers on my ME1, plus a few little dings and scuffs. I'll have to get some pics done sometime.

Other than that mine are in good shape, except for a massive ding in my blue PS Signature done at its first gig...

2012-01-23091725.jpg

'89 CE alder. Bought new in '90. Heavily gigged during my cover-band days. And have done some experiments with playing with a coin and other objects. But the main wear is from playing HARD. I have almost worn out the original neck pup ring (seriously). Originally came with VB and Chainsaw pickups, and countless pup swaps later it turned out that 59/09s are the perfect fit.

I apologize for my photography skills.

Here with Duncan Phat Cat and Custom Custom:
1250892461_resized.jpg

Buckle rash:
1279309257_resized.jpg

Wore off most of the neck finish. Used steel wool to smooth it:
1279309298_resized.jpg

With 59/09s. Treble side wear is about 1 mm into the wood, maybe a tad more:
1306660542_resized.jpg

1306964451_resized.jpg

I have an '88 Electric that I call "Chip" for a reason. Beat to hell. Pick wear, finish off the back of the neck (and it's has a bit of a green patina), the body's edges are all chipped up, etc...

But she ooozes mojo. :)

Aldwyn said:
I have an '88 Electric that I call "Chip" for a reason. Beat to hell. Pick wear, finish off the back of the neck (and it's has a bit of a green patina), the body's edges are all chipped up, etc...

Pics or it's an Epiphone.... ;)

AP515 said:
Aldwyn said:

Careful what you ask for with Aldy. Especially photos. ;)

7121518927_0752765bec_b.jpg

little chips/dots in clear coat
7029498983_f6fa02885f_b.jpg

My Black McStandard has some nice chips too.
I should take some headstock shots some time.

Hans said:
AP515 said:
Careful what you ask for with Aldy. Especially photos. ;)

Ok, that's some funny stuff right there!

Gotta remember that "pics, or it's an Epiphone... good one!

And Hans, for your information, I only have 1 picture of me currently, where I am naked with a guitar (the infamous Tele picture... Ratchet owns the Tele now! I cleaned it before sale, of course... or did I?? heh!). But of course, I could take more... Requests? ;)

Anyway, I do have a couple of pictures of "Chip" though taken back in 2005 before I had any decent photo gear.... I need to get more/better shots of Chip.

But here are two.. they dont do her justice, but you can see some of the damage on the edges, and the finish coming off the neck.

Anyway, here's Chip... SN 514.

chip07.jpg
ChipRear.jpg

Here's my 2006 CU24 I picked up in December from a local pawn shop, All wear was there when I got her. She plyas perfectly, sounds heavenly and the one piece top is superb. Lots of mojo.

10ymc74.jpg

2mq2g54.jpg

Back