PRS guitars that you own and what do you want

djdrdave

Hi all,

I finally joined the PRS club back in 2010, when i bought a Whale Blue 2009 PRS Custom 22 from Guitar Center. I had wanted a PRS for over 10 years and finally bought one to celebrate my passing an important certification test in my field.

Since then I've bought a SingleCut SE PRS as a nice workmans guitar as well. I am impressed with this guitar as well, which I only bought when another guitar I owned got damaged.

Of course this thread is useless without pictures, which I'll post later of both.

My next big purchase is amplifier related, I'll either be getting a boutique amplifier or a modeling device like Axe FXII.

When I do get another electric, it almost surely will be a PRS, but which one is uncertain. I love the McCartys, but on a totally different note am very interested in checking out the P22 as well.

I got my first US made PRS about 5 years ago, a CE 22, and have rolled through several over that time including a McCarty and a couple of Customs. I currently have a 2011 Studio that I've bonded with and think I will hang on to for a while. Going forward I have an SC stripped 58 on the list and I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a Hollowbody II. I have also owned a variety of SEs (One, SC, Semi-hollow) and think they are great guitars as well. Perfect for those gigs where you just aren't comfortable leaving your PRS laying around.

I've been through a few PRSi but have settled on a 59/09 LTD and will likely end up with a stripped 58 or McCarty in the near future. As for pictures...

dd3436f9.jpg

146fb774.jpg

I've got 2 McCarty standards, Singlecut satin standard, CU22, and a Stripped 58.
5497213383_3a57eb3267_b.jpg

5497809584_0f5a613074_b.jpg

5497239857_89d0e174e4_b.jpg

6795698974_39624d7a63_b.jpg

I'm missing one, for some reason no pics, will fix later.

I'm really interested in the P22. There's one out there that I love, but I'm not in any position to buy now. I'd also love a Tonare Grand, but I've got no business owning an acoustic that nice :lol: I barely play the one I have now.

I got my first PRS a couple of weeks ago, a McCarty.

mccartybody.jpg

I'd love to get a DGT sometime, but for now, the McCarty is working great for me.

I own a 2011 CU24 and a 2011 MEQ. My wants seem to change every time someone post a NGD. As of today my three wants are: P22 IRW, Artist Package SC58 IRW and a Santana as a distant third.

My first PRS was a Cu24AP I bought new in 2006. Still my favorite.
001-2.jpg

Then my most vintage PRS - a first year (88) CE24.
88CE24Blackdress.jpg

Then I went through quite a few turning them to pay off a debt I owed before I started collecting again with a CE22 Standard (2nd favorite).
Ce222.jpg

Now I have a pretty nice collection.
039.jpg

One that was made for PRSH to take on business visits...
005-2.jpg

and one for Orkie
010-2.jpg

As for what I want, I thought I was done for a while, but a McBrazzy popped up on the radar screen. We will see... ;) Oh, and that P22 is calling me...

I have a 305 in seafoam green. Love it. My dream PRS is a hollowbody II - maybe if I win the lottery. ;)

Like AP515 I too have a CU24 in Emerald Green, just not an AP. I'm not really into gold hardware :p
My main and fav though is a McCarty Hollowbody Spruce. Best, clearest guitar I've ever played, but each one has it's strengths and uses :)

Man... my "want" list is long. But none of these are going to happen.

1) I'd like to have my old Vintage Sunburst '87 Custom back
2) My old orange Mira with tortoise guard and old birds too
3) A Semi-hollow Artist 1 - stoptail.
4) Sig #9, 14, or 27
5) ME LTD #100/100
6) Markie's Blue D-Neck Dragon
7) Paul's 28 #0, 1, or 14
8) A pernambuco neck Santana 2 or Westy
9) My old Vintage Natural HB2 Artist
10) My old 20th Anniversary CU24
11) 11top's Natural quilted CU22 Artist
12) 11top's koa CE24 with birds
13) Rick Hogue's "Big Bat" CU22

Gesh... I could go on. Can't own 'em all. :( The next one inbound will be the last one until my daughter's education is 100% funded. Which will take me more than a decade.

What do I want? Several PRS production 7 strings, and a production Custom with a burl top (not common, but out there).

My true first PRS was a beat to hell CE 22 in Purple that was seriously war-torn, but my first "true" PRS was this Custom24

IMG_0498.JPG

markie said:
Want list.......................
Markie, if you posted the ones you have already we would have to just close the thread. There would be nothing to compare to it.

I have a 2012 Studio,1996 Cu22, 2011 SE Santana and a 2006 SE Cu22. I have a severe case of GAS for a DGT.. Got my eye on a Standard or this Purple Hazel 10 Top that haunts my dreams...

Have - 513 IRW, Stripper (with a set of 53/10s I haven't got around to putting in yet...) and CU22 Soapy.

Want - Nothing. I'm happy at the moment. I think with my current guitars I've got vast tonal possibilities, and considering my income, my other commitments, the amount of gigs I play and the music I don't record, I can't want for more.

If I had money and was looking to collect some guitars, that would be a different story altogether, however for the time being I'm happy just playing the ones I have. It's a nice place to be!

Back