PRS Guitars at Wrigley Tomorrow

Not that this has anything to do with PRS or John Mayer, but I just found out this week that my son is playing with The Academy Is for their reunion at Chicago's Riot Fest in September!

Fun for me because I love seeing him perform. And Mike, who's the guitar player and one of the writers, is a terrific guy I know through my son.

Sorry to hijack the thread. But..Chicago. Reasonable drive for me to go. The thread made me think of it. Will not miss.

I wish I was seeing John Mayer, too! Because (a) he's great, and (b) PRS.

Oh heck yes, I have the link. I'm a real ass for hijacking this thread, please return to your regularly scheduled program.

Last edited:
Not that this has anything to do with PRS or John Mayer, but I just found out this week that my son is playing with The Academy Is for their reunion at Chicago's Riot Fest in September!

Fun for me because I love seeing him perform. And Mike, who's the guitar player and one of the writers, is a terrific guy I know through my son.

Sorry to hijack the thread. But..Chicago. Reasonable drive for me to go. The thread made me think of it. Will not miss.

I wish I was seeing John Mayer, too! Because (a) he's great, and (b) PRS.

Oh heck yes, I have the link. I'm a real ass for hijacking this thread, please return to your regularly scheduled program.

Nice! I’ve actually played a couple of shows with them in my old Mexican Emo band.

There was minimal rain!

Turns out Friday was Honey 95% of the show and for one song the Silver 594, no Silver Sky.

Saturday was Honey, an old Telecaster (I assume NOT relic-ed looked genuinely old) for one song and the Silver Sky for one song.

Honey was the primary ace for the nights (I went to Fri and Sat) and the tone was the best I'd ever heard, super gorgeous and the playing was up a few notches from all the other shows I've seen with John. They did a gorgeous version of Hank Williams "Sing Me Back Home"!

No problemo Les! Never been to Riot fest and maybe this will be the year :)

I went Friday. Got a pit ticket because I figured this might be the last time I see Billy, Bobby or Mickey. I hope not. Billy is definitely slowing down.

Agreed, Mayer played great. I was skeptical a few years back but he's definitely got the chops and he pushes the songs further out - exactly what you want to see imo. He sounds great and played great. I wish he sang more songs though. For as much as I love Bobby (and Mickey and Billy too) I couldn't help but think of how great a band Chiminti Lane Mayer and Otiel would make as a foursome.

Back