PRS Guitars 30th Anniversary Concert & Celebration question

cubby61

As a recent convert to PRS guitars, I thought it would be fun to go to the PRS 30h Anniversary festivities. It says that there will be opportunities for the public to purchase a limited number of instruments. I know many of you have been to The PRS Experiences before and I was wondering usually what types of instruments they have and are the prices better than similar guitars bought through retail. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Having only gone to one Experience, (2013) The selection of guitars was beyond imagine. Alot of one-off and special colors. Variations from standard colors to artist grade tops. solid body to hollowbody. It was very overwhelming. And to add, the AMPs where on hand to buy too. The only selection missing was the new S2 line. Just started production. With the change in venue, I am not sure if it will be as robust as the last Experience. I HOPE I AM WRONG!!!!!!. At the last Experience, we had almost 3 full days of factory access and items on hand to purchase. This event will only give 4 hours. Seems very unfair to me. YOU WILL NEED TO ACT QUICKLY IF YOU SEE THE NEXT GAS RELIEF PURCHASE.

As far as prices, there were special pricing during the event. I assume , it will be the same for this one.

Having only gone to one Experience, (2013) The selection of guitars was beyond imagine. Alot of one-off and special colors. Variations from standard colors to artist grade tops. solid body to hollowbody. It was very overwhelming. And to add, the AMPs where on hand to buy too. The only selection missing was the new S2 line. Just started production. With the change in venue, I am not sure if it will be as robust as the last Experience. I HOPE I AM WRONG!!!!!!. At the last Experience, we had almost 3 full days of factory access and items on hand to purchase. This event will only give 4 hours. Seems very unfair to me. YOU WILL NEED TO ACT QUICKLY IF YOU SEE THE NEXT GAS RELIEF PURCHASE.

As far as prices, there were special pricing during the event. I assume , it will be the same for this one.

Change in venue? Are you referring to Ram's Head this year instead of wherever it was in 2013?

Change in venue? Are you referring to Ram's Head this year instead of wherever it was in 2013?

More on the fact we only get 1 day at the factory location. The Ram's Head is a nice add-on and I am looking forward to it. It would be nice to see next year an experience with Ram's Head on Friday, Factory stuff on Saturday along with music venues at factory location and then Sunday brunch with PRS himself along with a few more hours at factory location. I would gladly pay for that setup. Hell I would pay for this June's event too.

In the past, they have had several of their retail vendors in attendance, selling the guitars on hand. The selection has been enormous.

PRS does not sell direct, but only thru their dealers...

Sounds to me like PRS got in trouble for the concerts in their parking lot every year. I loved it, consider myself lucky to have attended a couple special PRS Experiences....especially when Tremonti played! The 3 day events were a blast! Looking forward to this one with Friday in Baltimore! I really thought there would be a lot more artists at the 30th party tho...

I hope I don't see any guitars there for sale that I like. hahahaha

So it's the dealers who are selling at the event. Is the pricing really any better than normal channels or is it like Wardog said, a lot of one-off and special colors? I'm just trying to prepare myself and my wife in case I have a GAS attack there. :laugh:

Sounds to me like PRS got in trouble for the concerts in their parking lot every year. I loved it, consider myself lucky to have attended a couple special PRS Experiences....especially when Tremonti played! The 3 day events were a blast! Looking forward to this one with Friday in Baltimore! I really thought there would be a lot more artists at the 30th party tho...

Why? It was on the weekend, and no one lived anywhere near there...

So it's the dealers who are selling at the event. Is the pricing really any better than normal channels or is it like Wardog said, a lot of one-off and special colors? I'm just trying to prepare myself and my wife in case I have a GAS attack there. :laugh:

A little bit of both...

They'll often have a "special" run, just for the event, that have no charge upgrades...

Yeah, they typically have a huge variety, 1-offs, special run for that weekend. Pricing is good, probably as good of a deal as you'll see on a new model guitar.

Are the special models available after the show ever? I can see it being hard for me to pull the trigger with how analytical I am and all the other things going on to occupy my attention.

Are the special models available after the show ever? I can see it being hard for me to pull the trigger with how analytical I am and all the other things going on to occupy my attention.

With Experience guitars, if they didn't sell, they ended up at dealers afterwards. I'd imagine this would be the same. Keep in mind, we are assuming they are doing a limited run here, no guarantee(but probably). We also don't know how many guitars they will have for sale, this is a smaller event than years past.

Back