PRS Guitar with slimmer neck (slimmer width)

hydeinthesky

Hi Everyone

I'm planning to move out to another country (Canada) possible, but I can only bring one guitar which is my S Style japanese guitar which is a Signature guitar from my favorite japanese guitar player, it's very rare that's why I chose to bring it, instead of my PRS SE Custom 24 Burled Ash Top, now I'm planning to by a PRS again when I get to canada, but I want a PRS guitar that has a slimmer neck than my SE, actually I enjoying my S stype guitar than my PRS because I feel comfortable on it's neck (13.5 pr 14 fret board Radiuis, 25.5 scale) it says that is similar or close to Fender's (C shape or Modern C Shape, now I'm not giving up PRS because it sound so good, so I want to ask, is there a PRS model that has a slimmer neck (also on width)?? If you want to ask more details, I can give it you ^^

Thanks and regards

S2 Mc Carty 594 Thinline. Yes, its 24.594" scale length, but the "Pattern Thin" neck is a dead ringer for the Fender "Deep C" on my Am Pro Jaguar (which is only 24" scale length) . But the "Pattern Thin" neck profile is narrower than the Wide Thin on an SE (I have those also) while being a tad deeper (thicker fretboard to neck bottom ?)

Good luck in the wild frontiers of Canada ... I have always wanted to defect to Canada (Detroit looked better from Windsor)

But I believe Pierre has a strict ban on bad would-be guitar players ... ;)

To me the Standard neck carve “feels” thinner from E to e in my personal opinion. My friend’s reclaimed Vela felt smaller as well.

Last edited:
S2 Mc Carty 594 Thinline. Yes, its 24.594" scale length, but the "Pattern Thin" neck is a dead ringer for the Fender "Deep C" on my Am Pro Jaguar (which is only 24" scale length) . But the "Pattern Thin" neck profile is narrower than the Wide Thin on an SE (I have those also) while being a tad deeper (thicker fretboard to neck bottom ?)

Good luck in the wild frontiers of Canada ... I have always wanted to defect to Canada (Detroit looked better from Windsor)

But I believe Pierre has a strict ban on bad would-be guitar players ... ;)

Thanks for the response, will check does when I get to Canada, haha I'm just a hobbist/sideline guitar player, again thanks for the response ^^

According to PRS neck shapes, the Pattern Regular is the 'narrowest' neck at the nut - at least apart from the two Silver Sky necks....

necks-new-jpg.8237

The difference is just 1/32" (as 1-11/16 is the equivalent to 1-22/32). That's equivalent to a nearly 43mm nut vs just over 42mm so not a 'massive' difference.

If you are looking at 'older' PRS guitars, Wide/Fat is Pattern, Wide/Thin is Pattern Thin and Regular is Pattern Regular....

Hope that helps...

1 21/32" is extremely close to the 1.65" used on some Fender type guitars and is a common nut width for that style. But Fender modern C shape necks have 1 11/16" nut width (same as most PRS and Gibson guitars).

So if you want slimmer on width, you don't get a whole lot with the Pattern Regular or JM shapes. Plus, those shapes can have a lot of girth to them which offsets the narrower nut.

I don't think you'll find a slimmer feeling neck on a PRS than the Wide/Thin or Pattern/Thin. It would be great for you to test out the new PRS before you buy it. Due to variations in the hand sanding, some feel bigger than others.

Good Day Everyone

Thank you for your suggestions, once I get to Canada I will try all the PRS,to get the PRS i want, having a PRS now is a dream come true and I know that someday I will have more of them haha and someday will have a Private Stock (I just have to work hard and earn more hahaha)

Thank you everyone ^^

Good Day Everyone

Thank you for your suggestions, once I get to Canada I will try all the PRS,to get the PRS i want, having a PRS now is a dream come true and I know that someday I will have more of them haha and someday will have a Private Stock (I just have to work hard and earn more hahaha)

Thank you everyone ^^
Enjoy Canada - I live across the river from Windsor Ontario - went going over there in High School because we got the ice at 2am to play pickup hockey, visits to the Brewers Retail when 18 year olds could buy beer there before we could in Detroit - Bradore's for the extra alcohol volume was important at that age, long weekends in Tronto via the train, the Rock & Roll Revival Concert in Toronto in 1969 to see John Lennon (the "Live PEaced In Toronto LP). Road trip games at Maple Leaf Garden (they didn't sell beer at the games then, sacrilegious in Canada I thought. Just a great hang, Oh Canada.

Maybe this will help too.

https://prsguitars.com/support/article/neck_profiles

My Torero is listed as wide thin but it feels thinner than my custom 24s. It has a 25.5 length, 14 radius, and neck through design. EMG and FR isn't for everyone but if it is I can't say enough good things about it. A Blast to play, fast, and extremely comfortable.

I'll plug the vela too. Its a very easy playing guitair with tone and style in spades . I wasn't expecting to like the pattern regular neck as much as I do but it rocks. I'm still in the honeymoon phase but the whole guitar is a win all the way around.

I’ve recently got an SE 24-08 with the ‘wide thin’ neck and it’s actually not as ‘slim’ as I was expecting!

Back