PRS guitar from Eric Pritchard

This is from Eric about the guitar.
10:40 AM (5 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Phil,
The guitar was built from a neck and body combination (no strings, pickups, electronics, jack, bridge, etc.). This combination was to check out a jig that I build for PRS years and years ago. The neck and the body has some damage, but I cleaned that up and assembled the parts into it. The neck was put in without the proper adjustment so I had to add a spacer under the bridge to make it work. What is the value? Who knows. It has a curious history that a buff might appreciate.
You may appreciate it as it is. It should play OK. . . . And while it looks like a PRS, it is not quite a PRS from finish, etc.
Have a great day, Eric

This is from Eric about the guitar.

eric​

10:40 AM (5 minutes ago)
cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Phil,
The guitar was built from a neck and body combination (no strings, pickups, electronics, jack, bridge, etc.). This combination was to check out a jig that I build for PRS years and years ago. The neck and the body has some damage, but I cleaned that up and assembled the parts into it. The neck was put in without the proper adjustment so I had to add a spacer under the bridge to make it work. What is the value? Who knows. It has a curious history that a buff might appreciate.
You may appreciate it as it is. It should play OK. . . . And while it looks like a PRS, it is not quite a PRS from finish, etc.
Have a great day, Eric
Might be an idea to delete Eric's email? Otherwise very intersting - and nice of Eric to donate the amp and guitar. Nearly all (9 of 10) of the PRSi I've owned were made using the stuff Eric designed such as the neck duplicator.

I’m guessing you’re in the DMV. Most of the amps seem to have been sold in the Distrct, Maryland, and Virginia. While I never played a Pritchard amp (made after he left PRS), I’ve heard a lot of good things about them.

I owned a Pritchard combo 1/12 amp for a number of years….(never should of sold it)…
It was an amazing SS all analog amp that could do Vox, Marshall and Fender tones just by turning a switch control, then tweaking your EQ…2 channels plus boost , reverb, fx loop and built like a tank…And responded similar to a tube amp.. . Eric’s a brilliant man…
John Mann has one of the PRS Harmonic Generator combos… sounds great

Last edited:
What a cool find as well as a great piece of PRS history.

I’ve got one of the old HG70 heads and the matching 4x12 cab. It sounds great and looks pretty in the dark when it’s all lit up. However, the gem is really the old 4x12 cab. The amp is packed away but the cab is my day to day cab I use for my other amp heads.

DSCN6936b.png

What a cool find as well as a great piece of PRS history.

I’ve got one of the old HG70 heads and the matching 4x12 cab. It sounds great and looks pretty in the dark when it’s all lit up. However, the gem is really the old 4x12 cab. The amp is packed away but the cab is my day to day cab I use for my other amp heads.

DSCN6936b.png
I run my SLO through one of these cabs.

Back