PRS Graveyard

If I didn’t have a killer-sounding WL 594 with humbuckers already, I’d have placed an order for one.

I mean, come on. The thing is gonna be awesome.

Sure to get some supernatural tones on these! Extra long sustain, notes that you did not intentionally play....:eek:

Ok those are stray notes.

Veinbuster, I believe the "present" has spoken to you and thus, you to us. Your decoder ring is in the mail after it is painstakingly crafted by my Vault elves.

These were captured in PSF just before Experience. I thought back then he looked gravely serious.
psf157-1000-15-jpg.6403

psf157-1000-16-jpg.6404

How does the age of the wood affect the tone?
I don’t think just being old affects the tone. I do think some older trees lived in a time when the growth pattern made for denser wood, which would impact tone.

And regarding age, it is conceivable that the genetics that let a tree get really old also gives it a somewhat different composition that might sound better.

But this is just idle speculation from someone with no real knowledge of the subject matter.

It matters more to what happens to the wood after it is cut and processed than how old it is. There are guitars available now of ancient Kauri wood. This wood is an embryo by that comparison.

The graveyard name? Nice marketing hook, but not for me. Been there too many times in real life for family members and friends. The association does not work for me.

I was hoping this was about older PRS guitars. I'm still stoked about last nights gig with my 2008 CU 22 artist with a rosewood neck and ebony board.

Back