PRS/Fralin Domino output ques.tion

fishyfishfish

Does anyone know what the output for the EG Fralin Domino style pickup is? Would it be in the lower vintage strat output? (6-7k range?) Just wondering about this guitar. Not a lot of info out on the net, and the pickups seem a lot lower than my CE EG that I had (With three single coils) I was kind of expecting a P90 sound? Any info would be great!!!

Can't help a lot other than I have found the dominos to be essentially useless in my EG2. I play in a rock cover band and just cannot find a place for these. They just dont seem to lend themselves well to the songs. My bridge pickup is a Fralin Unbucker in that guitar. I like it a lot.

When I was ordering the Unbucker, Lindy told me some stories about the development of those domino pickups at PRS. I cannot remember all the details - but the summary was that it was a very hard pickup to make, it ended up being the most expensive pickup in the PRS line (in their least expensive guitar). I didn't get the sense that Lindy was very proud of his involvment in that particular process.

Since I bought a Mira, I have not brought the EG to any of my shows. I probably need to get rid of it - but am pretty lazy. I've toyed with the idea of replacingt the dominos with Fralin Split blades and getting a new pickgaurd made. I need a new gaurd anyway as a previous owner mutialted the original trying to stuff an EMG select in the Bridge position.

PRSEG001.jpg

Back