PRS forums?

I used to belong to Birds & Moons when I had my 90’s Goldtop McCarty…..That turned into The Gear Page.in 2001.
Actually, the original, non-affiliated, unofficial PRS Forum more or less turned into TGP.
Birds and Moons dissolved due to a total tool of an owner that wouldn’t hand over the keys to the kingdom until it was waaayyyyy too late to save it. That’s when this place, the OFFICIAL PRS Forum, came into being.
I‘ve been around for awhile.:)

I used to belong to Birds & Moons when I had my 90’s Goldtop McCarty…..That turned into The Gear Page.in 2001.

BaM and TGP actually ran as parallel forums. I believe they were owned by the same person, but can't swear to it.

BaM dissolved, which as @DISTORT6 says led to the creation of this forum, but a decent portion of BaM users migrated to Vintage Rocker as well.

There's always /r/PaulReedSmith. Quasi-active sub. Maybe not as many higher-end enthusiasts, lots of "Is the SE good?" type threads.

There are lots of great online communities for PRS enthusiasts. I like to think of them as rooms in a house.

This place, the official PRS forum, is the living room of that house. Some places are like the back porch or the kitchen. Others are more like the outhouse. I leave it to you to decide which is which.

Last edited:
BaM and TGP actually ran as parallel forums. I believe they were owned by the same person, but can't swear to it.

BaM dissolved, which as @DISTORT6 says led to the creation of this forum, but a decent portion of BaM users migrated to Vintage Rocker as well.
Nope. Brian Scherzer owned the original "Unofficial PRS Forum, Scott Peterson came on later as co-admin, and He & Scott Peterson owned TGP. I believe they both share ownership of TGP to this day...

BaM emerged when Brian closed down the Unofficial PRS Forum (long story) and another guy started BaM... Phil Macino (sp ???)

He basically let it run into the ground, (due to lack of his interest) and promised ME he'd turn over the keys. He never did, claiming it was too far gone to save (it wasn't, but it would have taken a lot of work to get it up to speed...) I had someone lined up to do that, but I never received the keys...

As this was happening, PRS (the company) wanted to start their own forum. It had been in the works well before BaM went tits up, but that didn't stop the rumor mill that PRS killed BaM (totally not true, as I was in on the conversations of BaM closing, and this place opening well before either one happened...)

Hans and I were heartbroken when this happened and we really tried to save BaM. I made sure to let all of the old moderators know what was happening, and PRS asked a few of us to help moderate this place...

Feelings were hurt, accusations were made (all were false), but most of that is now water under the bridge. Personally, I hold no grudges (except to Phil) and here we are...

PRS is a company that makes and SELLS guitars. Why on earth would they want a "For Sale" section that directly competes with that mission?

Looking back, I have been a moderator on these three forums (the Unofficial PRS Forum, TGP and now this place), continuously since the Spring of 2000... What a crazy ride it's been!

Nope. Brian Scherzer owned the original "Unofficial PRS Forum, Scott Peterson came on later as co-admin, and He & Scott Peterson owned TGP. I believe they both share ownership of TGP to this day...

BaM emerged when Brian closed down the Unofficial PRS Forum (long story) and another guy started BaM... Phil Macino (sp ???)

He basically let it run into the ground, (due to lack of his interest) and promised ME he'd turn over the keys. He never did, claiming it was too far gone to save (it wasn't, but it would have taken a lot of work to get it up to speed...) I had someone lined up to do that, but I never received the keys...

As this was happening, PRS (the company) wanted to start their own forum. It had been in the works well before BaM went tits up, but that didn't stop the rumor mill that PRS killed BaM (totally not true, as I was in on the conversations of BaM closing, and this place opening well before either one happened...)

Hans and I were heartbroken when this happened and we really tried to save BaM. I made sure to let all of the old moderators know what was happening, and PRS asked a few of us to help moderate this place...

Feelings were hurt, accusations were made (all were false), but most of that is now water under the bridge. Personally, I hold no grudges (except to Phil) and here we are...

PRS is a company that makes and SELLS guitars. Why on earth would they want a "For Sale" section that directly competes with that mission?

Looking back, I have been a moderator on these three forums (the Unofficial PRS Forum, TGP and now this place), continuously since the Spring of 2000... What a crazy ride it's been!

Thanks, Jamie. I was (obviously) a bit unclear about the ownership thing. I had BaM and TGP somehow connected, probably due to the similarity in the forum software.

And thanks for all that you do!

Back