PRS forums

helmi

single & satin
Does anyone know of any other PRS forums that have a B,S,&T section, besides the vintage rocker? it is just unbelievable that this forum CONTINUALLY refuses to have one!

I agree. I have spoken, at length, the Jack (CEO of PRS) about it. I worked fervently to get that section added when we started this forum but Jack is firm in his decision. To his credit, he gave it real consideration across several meetings. His was not a knee-jerk decision and I believe, as CEO, he has the best interest of his employer and employees at heart. And who am I? Answer: Just some guy on the internet who likes their products.

If there was definitive evidence that a Buy, Sell, and Trade section for members promoted new guitar sales (they "live or die" on new guitar sales alone), I believe he would reconsider. My view is that higher resale value makes new guitar sales more likely and that lower resale value drives buyers to used gear. And, while I believe a member sales section would increase resale value (thereby promoting new guitar sales), I cannot provide anything more conclusive than my own analysis.

Can you?

Last edited:
I've been a member on the DR. Z forum for over 10 yrs. I've been here over 8 yrs. the DR. Z forum makes you wait 30 days after registering to have access to the B,S,&T section. this cuts out about 95% of the shisters who want to join just to sell stuff, and never come back. people on their have known each other for years, and have met each other at Z-fests, just like people here have met each other at experience's, myself included, so it makes buying more trustful and confident. (as it would here) people generally aren't going to try and screw someone on a forum that they quite often frequent. plus, we usually sell to each other at a slightly cheaper rate then on other mass forums. I don't see how selling used PRS's on this forum would be hurtful to new sales. if you want a used PRS, your gonna find it somewhere, so why not here from people you trust more? I think the large majority of members here would absolutely love a B,S.&T section, even if it was ONLY for PRS products!

Last edited:
My guess it has something to do with the sales not being a part of their dealer network. I’d like to see one on here too but I also respect the decision of the company. I’m good either way but lean towards wanting it.

I’ll add my $0.02. Like many, I’d use it if it were here. A chance to buy/sell without fees and taxes would be welcome. But it doesn’t bother me at all that they don’t have the option.

The fact that most other forums have a B/S/T forum means there are lots of other places to trade. No big deal.

Here’s what you do: You tell me what you’re selling and how much, and I text people in the middle of the night who’ll buy it.

Ok, I'll play.

For sale: 1990 Standard in the oh-so-delicious Fire Red with a very dark BRW fretboard, moons, and difficult-to-find zebra squabbins (HFS/Vintage bass). Good shape with case. $1,800 plus PP fees and shipping.

Standing by.

Ok, I'll play.

For sale: 1990 Standard in the oh-so-delicious Fire Red with a very dark BRW fretboard, moons, and difficult-to-find zebra squabbins (HFS/Vintage bass). Good shape with case. $1,800 plus PP fees and shipping.

Standing by.

Why wouldn’t that be gone already?!?! Anything with a Brazilian board under $2000 is a f@cking steal.

So, perhaps a stricter length of membership policy would work. Rather than Z's 30 days, do 6 months or a year. You can't sell til you've been here a year and have 500 posts. That's a couple posts a day.

I wish there were something like this too, because there are lots of guys here that have something I'd like to have and I've seen more than one mention of something being sold after it was sold, that I would have been interested in. Especially with sort of knowing each other making trade deals more appealing. And, what about the amps that they aren't even making any more. Several of those interest me greatly, and some guys here have them.

Back