PRS Forum Merch

What PRS Forum merch would you like to see? (multiples allowed - votes are private)

• T-shirt

Votes: 52 67.5%
  • Hat

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Hoodie

Votes: 24 31.2%
  • Jacket

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • Gig bag

Votes: 26 33.8%
  • Duffel bag

Votes: 15 19.5%
  • Strap

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • Picks

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Truss Rod Cover

Votes: 57 74.0%

• Total voters
tumblr_m8rgidUJ9h1rcm4y8o1_500.jpg

Like the ones they made from old anniversary fretboards?

200259405707-1.jpg

Yes...those would be great...I'd buy 2 dozen, if that would get the initial order going. And they should be offered in Private Stock stains! When shall I send in my order?

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;44610 said:
Letterman Jacket - the letters "PRS" on the front and member name across the shoulders.

Real leather sleeve's (in black) with the front and back sporting this design:

nunst032.gif

I like that idea.

Or a PS Eagle. But without the member name on the shoulders.

Traditionally, a letter jacket has a logo over the heart, the team name on the back, sometimes with logo, and the player's name on the right chest.

But other than the Maryland or PRS logo, I'd keep it as plain as possible.

Personally, I think I'd feel a little weird wearing a letter jacket with a big splashy name on the back, plus a logo, etc., as an adult. OK, more than a little weird. A lot weird.

I like the Maryland flag or PRS eagle idea, it could say PRS somewhere, and leave the rest up to the individual.

There are lots of places that deal in letter jackets that could customize what's on the jacket for individuals, including sew-on letters, custom stitching, etc., and people could arrange for that themselves, according to their tastes.

At some point in the past, PRS had an all-leather jacket with the original Customs sewn on the back, and something on the front, but I don't remember the details. It looked pretty cool!

You know, I thought of another idea besides the gig bag, and it could employ the same flag logo, and be useful:

Lots of members have Artist and PS cases, or Paisley cases, standard hard cases, etc., and prefer to use them instead of gig bags. But walk in and out of a gig or session in really bad weather with a case, and the guitar can wake up wet, the case can get pretty nasty fast, etc., and let's face it, these are expensive cases to replace.

What about an insulated case cover sporting the PRS or Maryland logo? It protects the guitar from the weather, and the insulation buffers temperature changes when taking the guitar into and out of cold or hot weather. Why not? It'd be especially useful if your guitar is nitro, which does tend to crack with sudden temperature changes.

Could probably even be obtained for the acoustics!

Last edited:
What if you had the Maryland flag on the front, and the eagle on the back?

I priced one of these out, in 100% leather with leather collar and zipper (instead op snap-buttons). Even without the Maryland flag on the front (just used the color scheme) was pricey.

We'd have to do them in a larger quantity to make them affordable.

I've been thinking about this and the Forum guitar and I don't think we'll settle on a specific model.

Now, having some sort of forum symbol on the truss rod cover (winning the poll right now) would make any of your guitars a Forum guitar, right?

I've been doodling around for a while and came up with a concept of using the "fg" abbreviation to form a hollowbody f-hole. It's still in the sketch phase, but if you guys liked the idea, I could perfect the design and Shawn could hopefully make it happen...

fg-logo.jpg

Interesting idea...your sketch not only uses the initials to resemble the "f" hole...but it is vaguely reminiscent of a "G Clef" in musical staffs. That being said....my uncorrected vision is -750, so take it from who it comes. :laugh:

Interesting idea...your sketch not only uses the initials to resemble the "f" hole...but it is vaguely reminiscent of a "G Clef" in musical staffs. That being said....my uncorrected vision is -750, so take it from who it comes. :laugh:

I was originally thinking of shaping the letter g like the upside down g clef, but it was all too much. It is suggested not to put too many ideas into logo design, one is said to be enough...

TRC
t-shirt
picks

The PAISLEY strap would be the only strap I'd be interested in:proud:

Back