PRS Forum 'fest (member meet, buy, swap, talk and try fest?)

Davey

Just Jammin'
There is experience, other music gatherings and of course some of the smaller get togethers between members, but has anyone seriously talked about a members fest?

Maybe hold once every other year or some other frequency at varying locations across the country to suit East and West coasters.

Maybe rent a hall or small convention center.
Members bring however many items of their own equipment (amps, guitars, basses, effects, etc.) to sell, for others to sample or for trade/barter and of course just to hang out and shoot the breeze.

Maybe a 2, 3 or 4 day meet, greet, talk and just hang out.
Members attending would pay a fee to cover the hall and possibly catering.

T shirts and other PRS forum fest items could be made for attendees.

Maybe select certain hotels for members and maybe get a member deal on rooms and discounted conference area to meet.

Has this been discussed at all?
What do you think? Good idea or terrible? :eek:

Last edited:
Yeah, and Sergio and I have been talking about Santana-Fest for a couple of years, at least. We talk a good game, but always fizzle out. There's a lot that would go into setting it all up. Plus, I think we're spoiled by the number of guys that are local. It's been fairly easy to get 6+ guys together for an afternoon hang. All that said, I would love to participate in something like this.

I think it was done in 2014 when there was no Experience. It kind of came together late, so I wasn't there. We need @JustRob to chime in - I think he was there.

Yeah, and Sergio and I have been talking about Santana-Fest for a couple of years, at least. We talk a good game, but always fizzle out. There's a lot that would go into setting it all up. Plus, I think we're spoiled by the number of guys that are local. It's been fairly easy to get 6+ guys together for an afternoon hang. All that said, I would love to participate in something like this.

Plus we haven’t figured out how to turn away people without Santana’s.

I have heard that Hawaii is a great location for get togethers! And I have also heard that Carlos Santana recently moved there, so if it is a Santana Fest, it should certainly be there (he might show up and sign some guitars)? I will bring my cowbell collection for jam session solos and leads!!! I think they even have a lei away plan for parisian dragons!

Would be fun for sure! I don’t have a Santana though.:( I’d try to get a DC 22 if possible. Or a westie. Or maybe you guys need to have some Santana’s available to let people play to sell the non owners on getting one!:p
Agree! I’ve never seen one to even try.

Here’s an idea. Instead of making the event about the usual “haves vs. have nots” why not make this about the Bees and the Wannabees?

:D:p:eek::p

(Have to admit... I cracked myself up on that one...).

Back