PRS Forced Me - NUGD

Warmart

Fani PRSi
Well, PRS doesn't make a V, and my V gas has finally outweighed my patience. I figure since 4 of my 7 guitars are PRSi, I can get away with this post. If not, feel free to delete! :oops:

Two days ago (on July 4th) I found this lightly used LTD Arrow-1000 MIK w/FR in Purple Andromeda! Yes, color changing! The previous owner changed the pu's to EMG Het Set's (they aren't like EMG's I remember, not one bit), and I'm loving them and everything about it. Took many hours to get it setup, it was in odd shape when I bought it - fine tuners all screwed the whole way out but all strings like 20 cents sharp of E std. Had to move intonation screws to the forward hole, adjust the action (it was 6/64" or more), truss rod - pretty much everything and of course a floyd makes it a never ending balancing act. Sheesh, I now own 2 guitars with Floyds! :eek: Wth, over!?

Very pleased and she's a player for sure! NO buzz, action's low, neck seems perfect and fast. Quite similar to PRS Wide Thin. Intonation looks a bit odd but it's set as close as I can get it without really killing myself.

This fixes V gas and a mistake I made when I traded my only other ESP (an LTD EC-1000) back around 2014. Kicked myself in the arse for that, daily - but now I'm feeling good!

No problems playing seated, but I play classical, which I think is a must. Most of the pics are pre-setup.

uc

uc

uc

uc

Your V-love has been rewarded! I think it’s a fairly safe bet PRS will never head down this path, so no one can fault you for adding a pointy guitar to your PRS herd! Congrats on the new add :)

@Warmart , you might want to swap out those pictures for lower resolution/file size versions. Each one is 15 to 20 MB. Takes my system quite a while to load this page. This may be in part from where they are stored, not sure. No big deal, just thought I would mention.

Thanks everyone! And it does have PRS strings! :D

Your V-love has been rewarded! I think it’s a fairly safe bet PRS will never head down this path, so no one can fault you for adding a pointy guitar to your PRS herd! Congrats on the new add :)
Probably not, although just about everyone else makes them - so yah never know!

@Warmart , you might want to swap out those pictures for lower resolution/file size versions. Each one is 15 to 20 MB. Takes my system quite a while to load this page. This may be in part from where they are stored, not sure. No big deal, just thought I would mention.
Sorry, I like my phone taking them this way, don't mean to be a pain - I'll try to remember to resize! I should put up a no 56k alert, too :p

Blasphemy! For your penance, you must ship your charcoal SC594 to me! Thanks.
<Arnold/Terminator voice> Give me address there. :cool:

You should have waited a little. They just transitioned that model over to stainless frets.
I know, but this was a used one and I get along fine without ss.

Congrats...Neat axe...and to help cover your butt,....GREAT Paul's Guitar (??) to the left...that red quilt is amazing...and safer around kids' eyeballs!!!!:p:D:D
Thank you, but why do you think there's the light brown on the Paul's fretboard? Child's eye drainage! Err, sumthin.

It has PRS strings! Sheesh :p

You've got some beautiful guitars! FWIW, I like the pine wall, too.
Thank you, Les! A couple months ago we moved into our 2nd mountain house, the whole house is wood, some circle-sawn, some plain (like this) and some is mushroom board - which is some crazy stuff!

Nigel puts Jimmy Page to shame! Heh, I could probably do that solo, sans violin.

Back