PRS Flying V!!!

They’re going after Kiesel about the V.

They're delusional if they think they'll win that. They'll flunk over "confusion in the marketplace" again (i.e. there isn't any) and lack of defending the trademark until now-ish. Unless they can argue that the previous Gibson leadership was incompetent and that the new team should get a fresh start. That'd be interesting.

Oh, and IANAL.

Just a guy on a forum with opinions.

Fo' reals? If they lost the singlecut lawsuit, how on earth could they ever expect to win an Explorer lawsuit about this Tremonti?

They’re going after Kiesel about the V.

They're delusional if they think they'll win that. They'll flunk over "confusion in the marketplace" again (i.e. there isn't any) and lack of defending the trademark until now-ish. Unless they can argue that the previous Gibson leadership was incompetent and that the new team should get a fresh start. That'd be interesting.

Oh, and IANAL.

Just a guy on a forum with opinions.

They've gone after Kiesel and Dean so far. They've also made noise about Kiesel's single cuts. To their credit, Kiesel basically said, "Bring it on." The V they've challenged looks more like the Jackson Rhoads than anything Gibson has put out.

They've gone after Kiesel and Dean so far. They've also made noise about Kiesel's single cuts. To their credit, Kiesel basically said, "Bring it on." The V they've challenged looks more like the Jackson Rhoads than anything Gibson has put out.
Tbh, I think it was more of an intimidation tactic than anything. They're trying to bully companies into dropping models that probably wouldn't be able to sue over. Kiesel is just calling their bluff. Hopefully Gibson backs down without too much of a fight.

It's pretty ridiculous, no matter what. Carvin/Kiesels can't even be seen in a store unless they're 2nd hand. So it's rather unlikely that a buyer is ever going to confuse them with a G. No big deal to me either way, companies do these things all the time.

But to add to the story, Kiesel is supposedly going after Harley Benton for infringement of their headless guitar trademarks. Or something.

Maybe Harley Benton will go after Barbie Benton?

Last edited:
But to add to the story, Kiesel is supposedly going after Harley Benton for infringement of their headless guitar trademarks. Or something.
This one actually makes sense. HB just released the Dullahan, whose body is pretty close to Kiesel's Osiris. I'm glad I nabbed one in case HB has to stop production. It is interesting though. HB's model has the body of the Osiris but the end of the neck looks remarkably like Strandberg's design, so HB could end up in double hot water. Obviously, I don't have any clue what either company's trademarks entail, nor am I a lawyer.

Last edited:
No V for me. I had a flying V back in the day.

If somebody saw me wearing a flying V today they'd be asking what kind of statement I'm trying to make.

Dang. I saw the title of the thread and the author and figured if anyone had one it would be this guy.

No V for me. I had a flying V back in the day.

If somebody saw me wearing a flying V today they'd be asking what kind of statement I'm trying to make.
Mine would have to be black and white, ala Michael Schenker. I love that dude.

Back