PRS Floyd SE vs USA Custom Shoot Out

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
Fresh form across the pond.
I really dig their new intro they have been using.
I remember several months back they shot the part with Lee riding the horse :D

I like that they have been having Aziz playing with them too.
Published on May 12, 2014

We know you guys love the David vs Goliath shoot out videos, so here's another one for you. This time we've grabbed the new PRS Floyd Rose loaded guitars - the SE model is a Korean made, relatively affordable guitar & the USA model is a Custom 24 hand made top of the range axe! We give both Floyd Rose systems a full work out, and go through the basic spec of each guitar. Once again we're joined by Aziz Ibrahim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this. That sure is a very different C24, i wonder why did they even named it a C24, kind like a whole different model if you ask me.

Hope they have a mahogany neck version, i don't care too much for a maple neck on a C24 model.

By the way, someone didn't set up that floyd too well, went out of tune pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Yeah, some of the comments for the video state that the SE sounded better.
But it also had the strings stretched out as where the USA one had not been stretched yet.

They also forgot to tell us which amp use USA one was running through, but Rob later stated in the comments it was a Line 6 DT50.

Yeah, some of the comments for the video state that the SE sounded better.
But it also had the strings stretched out as where the USA one had not been stretched yet.

They also forgot to tell us which amp use USA one was running through, but Rob later stated in the comments it was a Line 6 DT50.

The DT50 is being promoted heavily, even has a 45% off price from their store, seems like is moving really slowly, after all it is a line 6 product.

The USA C24 Floyd probably had new strings that were not stretched enough. Rob had stated that Aziz and him played the SE a great deal (and probably stretched and tuned) prior to filming the vid while the USA C24 was played right out of the box. The Line 6 tones were awful IMO, I've heard far better sounds from the \m/ pickups and they're not muddy at all. They should probably switch around the amps to do the C24 more justice. The Marshall JVM will definitely sound better, or at least give the Line 6 some tweaking.

Ive owned both versions in the last two months. The SE arrived first from the Great people at MusicStoreLive and after a quick string change and slight setup adjustments she was ready to go. I was REALLY impressed with the SE (which i only purchased to hold me over until my US model arrived). Great aounding stock pups made the new in box \m/ pups become availible for a different project. The action and playability were the best of any of the many SE's that ive owned. Then the most terrible thing occurred, DD from The Wild West called to say the first Black quilted 10-top C24 Floyd had just been completed in Maryland and do i still want the guitar that ive bugged the ever loving **** outa him over the last few months. After Gun D did his super magic MOJO setup and a 5 day nail-biting wait for FedEx to deliver had my long awaited dream PRS. Countless times i sat down to spec out a Private Stock that was 95% of my new C24 USA Floyd.

Hours later and a dozen swaps back and forth between the two guitars run thru every combination that i could think of later, i was able to place my stamp of approval on the US model. So much so i sent back the SE to MusicStoreLive so it could be played and loved, not ignored like it would be at my home. Yes the Maryland made version is 3+times better and worth every penny. Other than price the SE failed to compare the the core model....thats how it shouldve ended anyway.

Last edited:
Back