PRS floating guitar stand

I’ve got a couple of great stands like this from Zither. I had no idea there was such a thing from PRS!

Sell a matching stand as a PS guitar option...

I was looking at something like this on amazon, they have one that come in Red Oak, Purple Heart, Paduak, maple, mahogany, walnut and cherry. Prices vary from$99 to $199 depending on how exotic you like your wood. There is also one that is metal by another manufaturer. They all look cool. But i just dont have the floor space for a single hanger like that.

These would be SUPER cool if the had them in figured wood. Especially if they were able to finish them in finishes similar to their product lineup, potentially making it possible for your guitar to match your stand.

Either way, it's a super dope stand and looks elegant and sturdy.
Just wait for the Private Stock version...

I am a little underwhelmed. It looks great no doubt, but there are many similar products already on the market at a much lower price point. What would sway me is if they offered finishes to match some of the PRS signature colors.

The pic is just a pic. My dealer has these and they are very heavy. Very heavy! They are NOT getting knocked over on the stage. I have never seen a stand built like these. There is nothing to compare them to in this regard. They are heavy. That is why they are priced high. They are steel and worth every penny.

Last edited:
The pic is just a pic. My dealer has these and they are very heavy. Very heavy! They are NOT getting knocked over on the stage. I have never seen a stand built like these. There is nothing to care them to in this regard. They are heavy. That is why they are priced high. They are steel and worth every penny.

You just convinced me to get one for my studio. I never seem to have a handy place to put the guitar while I mess with the gear between takes.

I've been using the leather chair I sit in when I'm actually playing. Its very stable, and made with Brazilian rosewood.

I have a leather chair I put the guitar down on a lot, but sometimes there's a person sitting in the dang chair taking up all the guitar space! :eek:

Meantime I'm all tangled up with the guitar cable, the headphone cable, and in my desk chair, and can't move around much, so I need a place to put the guitar right next to my workstation chair where it won't fall over and break. I have a couple of typical stands, but I've had enough guitar stand experiences (including a broken headstock on a Gibson years ago) to know a more stable stand would be a good plan.

Well I ordered my first. I’ll see how upset the wife gets cause I just got two more Hercules stands last month so I’ll have to find a location I can justify moving a Hercules to... or maybe I should just buy another guitar so I can claim it needed it’s own stand... hmmm

Well I ordered my first. I’ll see how upset the wife gets cause I just got two more Hercules stands last month so I’ll have to find a location I can justify moving a Hercules to... or maybe I should just buy another guitar so I can claim it needed it’s own stand... hmmm
Solid plan. I approve!

Glad I could help ya, Les and Andy. When I saw the box they come in and picked it up, I knew these were a good thing. Never have I seen a stand this heavy. PRS does stuff right, even guitar stands! Would we expect anything Less, Les?;)

Paul really needs to do a pitch on these, because they are a game changer as stands go. Just like PRS nuts!o_O

The final step in my home renovation is the conversation of my heretofore formal living room into a dedicated music room. In anticipation of completion I purchased wall hangers for my guitars. But it dawns on me that I’ll need a guitar stand for a temporary holding place between sessions. Now somehow the pedestrian unsightly Hercules stand seems out of place in my soon to be new environment. Clearly I need the beautiful PRS stand. In for a penny, in for a pound as they say. Don’t mind me, I’m just practicing my justification speech to Mrs. Ti.

Does anyone have one of these yet? It looks like it would knock the bottom of the guitar if it stays too much.

Back