PRS Finish and Lysol

cjmwrx

Wheels
I am just beating a nasty case of the flu, and during the time I was sick, I spent a lot of time playing/practicing.

Is it safe to wipe a PRS finish down with Lysol to disinfect it? Mine has the V12 finish.

Thanks
Chris

It if was my guitar, I wouldn't worry. I'd be more concerned about doing some damage to the finish/plastic/plating than infecting someone else (other people rarely play my guitars, except when they're new and I do "here, try this!").

I say "someone else" because once you've had and recovered from a particular strain of influenza, you're generally immune to it.

What's wrong with Pledge? If you cant drink it, it is most likely going to kill other organic beings.

Who are you disinfecting it from? You can't get your own virus again... :)

I've used Lysol on my ipad and tv remote with no issue. But I would personally use Clorox Anywhere instead. Doesn't kill viruses like Lysol, but so mild you could eat it.

Last edited:
Who are you disinfecting it from? You can't get your own virus again... :)

I've used Lysol on my ipad and tv remote with no issue. But I would personally use Clorox Anywhere instead. Doesn't kill viruses like Lysol, but so mild you could eat it.

That is not entirely true. I have a bladder condition that affects my immune system. I am susceptible to rebound infections if I am not cautious. It's just taken me 4 weeks to start getting better from this flu.

Last edited:
That is not entirely true. I have a bladder condition that affects my immune system. I am susceptible to rebound infections if I am not cautious. It's just taken me 4 weeks to start getting better from this flu.
I actually wondered that as I wrote my post, hence the word "generally". My other suggestion was to put it outside in the sunlight, but I'm guessing sunlight is pretty uncommon in the US at this time of year!

Fair enough!

Back