PRS Family Photos thread

It's organic material -- there's always going to be variance. That's why I'd have a terrible time with pre-ordering anything. I have a tendency to fall in love with my eyes. (I know, I'm shallow.)

As to the headstock material -- isn't it a function of the neck material, I.E. if the neck is maple, the headstock is maple; if the neck is rosewood, the headstock is rosewood?

Are you checking yours now? ;)
I don't know how to tell which is a sticker, as such...

My WL 408 and 30th Anny are both inlaid, the sig is flush with the veneer (and they both match the material of the birds), they both have the larger loop of the 'H' and longer 'T' line. My Vela has a sticker, if you look at it in the light at an angle you can see it isn't flush, it's got the smaller 'mith' of the signature.

I could be could be way off base, but maybe for inlaid signatures they changed it to make it easier for the inlay team to do the sig logo? If it was as small as it is on the other one, it might have come out a blob of inlay material. Like I said, I could be very wrong, but just an idea.

Are you checking yours now? ;)
I don't know how to tell which is a sticker, as such...

The signature has evolved over time. The one on the left is the newest style, inlaid on the headstock veneer. The one on the right is how they were from the 90's until very recently, which is a sticker. My S2 has a sticker that's a bit bigger and a variation of the one on the right.

My "none more black" (except for the Charcoal Modern Eagle) working collection. I'll have to break them out for a proper family photo soon.

PRS201509.jpg

Here is today's family photo taken in the Florida sunshine. The fencing from a previous shoot is now gone (deer aren't messing with the pond), so I had to lean them up against the lanai screen (yes, the pool area needs a cleaning). Sun is overhead, which doesn't really show off the flame as well as when lower in the sky. If I had gotten up earlier it might have helped...

IMG_0357-2_1200_zpswzzh6kiy.jpg

L-R:
2013 SE CU24-7
2007 SAS
2002 CU24
2014 SE ZM Spalted
2006 Spruce HB Piezo
2011 305
2013 SE MM Baritone
2014 P24 Trem
2011 SE Akerfeldt
2013 SE Angelus Custom

I will re-iterate what I said in a previous family shot: I need more color in the collection, a yellow like a Santana Yellow or even more "yellow", and a bright green, like an Eriza Verde, and more blue would be cool, perhaps a Faded Blue Jean. Hmm, will starting looking for a P245 SH in something along those lines (I think Eriza Verde was discontinued as a color choice in the Core colors before the P245 SH was released...).

I also want a 277 Semi-hollow Baritone, and the Gray-Black looks like it would go well to the left of the Amethyst SE 24-7...

Oh, and as I foreshadowed in the previous post below, when I took that shot I had just got the SAS, and I wondered when I'd get my next PRSi. Within a month or two I had two more PRSi. I obtained the 305 recently, so maybe I am set to repeat the pattern?

My previous outdoor shot post, for comparison:
So here's my latest family photo-shoot. I wonder how long before I have to re-shoot it because there is an addition...?

IMG_3524-2_1024_zpsxzb48xdt.jpg

I actually pulled out my guitars recently to take an updated family shot. Here they are less my Gibson Hummingbird (used to be my grandfather's), but I expect some changes coming later this year!

L/R:
TOP = PS 4556 (SC245 - "Miss PS 2015"), PS 4715 (SC Ted / Paul's Guitar hybrid - first Zombie Stage 3)
BOTTOM = Wood Library P245 in Grey Black fade (Brian's Guitar run - maple neck / Ziricote fretboard), IRW Ted SC in UltraViolet (previously 11-Top's and MA_Pete's) and my Gretz BRW SC (Yes Jack Gretz builds guitars on the side)

IMG_2016.jpg

I've seen all your NGD posts. If I may ask, are you an investment banker? Lol! Impressive, nonetheless!

I know I'm really late seeing this but..... Not an investment banker, just a broken down former over spender. I'm actually grateful for my oversized collection, I lived off the proceeds from selling them these last 18 months since injuring myself into a medical retirement.

I actually pulled out my guitars recently to take an updated family shot. Here they are less my Gibson Hummingbird (used to be my grandfather's), but I expect some changes coming later this year!

L/R:
TOP = PS 4556 (SC245 - "Miss PS 2015"), PS 4715 (SC Ted / Paul's Guitar hybrid - first Zombie Stage 3)
BOTTOM = Wood Library P245 in Grey Black fade (Brian's Guitar run - maple neck / Ziricote fretboard), IRW Ted SC in UltraViolet (previously 11-Top's and MA_Pete's) and my Gretz BRW SC (Yes Jack Gretz builds guitars on the side)

IMG_2016.jpg

That is one very fine and classy collection.

Not an investment banker, just a broken down former over spender. I'm actually grateful for my oversized collection, I lived off the proceeds from selling them these last 18 months since injuring myself into a medical retirement.
Bummer. I was just recently wondering where you were.
I hope you can enjoy the forced retirement.

Today, it's safe to say that chaos leads to change.

An unexpected car repair expense lead me to sell off some gear...

IMG_0615.jpg

...as well as my wife's bass amp that she really didn't care for. Also, I traded my first ever PRS SE 245...

IMG_0167.jpg

...for a PRS SE Zach Meyers!!!

IMG_1869.jpg

And now for the updated family photo...

IMG_1868.jpg

I've been wanting to get the SE ZM for awhile since I found the bridge on my SE Marty Friedman to be nice and comfortable; and knowing that the ZM model has the same bridge. For now, my collection is complete...I have a semi-hollow, an acoustic, a 7-string and a downtuned 6-string...and I'm happy!!!

Back