PRS Family Photos thread

So here's my latest family photo-shoot. I wonder how long before I have to re-shoot it because there is an addition...?

IMG_3524-2_1024_zpsxzb48xdt.jpg

Artsy side shots that really show off the flames/grain:
IMG_3555_1024_zps93wfekxe.jpg

IMG_3567_1024_zpskmvsc5jz.jpg

L-R:
2013 SE CU24-7
2007 SAS
2002 CU24
2014 SE ZM Spalted
2006 Spruce HB Piezo
2013 SE MM Baritone
2011 SE Akerfeldt

And yes, I lined them up in rainbow order as best I could. I need a Santana Yellow or Vintage Yellow, some kind of nice string orange (maybe Blood Orange) and perhaps and Eriza Verde to fill out the green.

I state that I lived - regarding guitars - very eventful. I´ve had affairs with several ladies (companies) resulting in planned childs.

I would like to introduce my half dozen from left to right (in brackets I give actual information about condition and time of achievement):

1995 Ibanez RG 570 CTAM (second hand, 2012)
1995 Duesenberg/Rockinger Rudvog (new, 1995)
2011 PRS 513 MT (new, 2011, modified in 2014)
2013 Linus Custom Thinline (new, 2013; custom made/master build by an Austrian luthier)
1995 Parker Fly Deluxe (second hand, 2000)
Max Mauluff Dentaster (second hand Legend Strat copy, modified by a dentist, who does DIY guitar making or modifying from time to time, his brand name is Max Mauluff, to a Deluxe Lone Star Strat RW in 2012)

Amps + Cab + Effects:

Line 6 DT50 212 Combo (new, 2012)
acoustic G100T head (second hand from my later brother-in-law, who gave up playing guitars in 1995, 1983)
Hughes & Kettner Statesman 4x12 cab (new, 2011)
Line 6 HD500X (new, 2013; not depicted)

Guess what is my main guitar? ;)

DSCN9954.JPG

I state that I lived - regarding guitars - very eventful. I´ve had affairs with several ladies (companies) resulting in planned childs.

I would like to introduce my half dozen from left to right (in brackets I give actual information about condition and time of achievement):

1995 Ibanez RG 570 CTAM (second hand, 2012)
1995 Duesenberg/Rockinger Rudvog (new, 1995)
2011 PRS 513 MT (new, 2011, modified in 2014)
2013 Linus Custom Thinline (new, 2013; custom made/master build by an Austrian luthier)
1995 Parker Fly Deluxe (second hand, 2000)
Max Mauluff Dentaster (second hand Legend Strat copy, modified by a dentist, who does DIY guitar making or modifying from time to time, his brand name is Max Mauluff, to a Deluxe Lone Star Strat RW in 2012)

Amps + Cab + Effects:

Line 6 DT50 212 Combo (new, 2012)
acoustic G100T head (second hand from my later brother-in-law, who gave up playing guitars in 1995, 1983)
Hughes & Kettner Statesman 4x12 cab (new, 2011)
Line 6 HD500X (new, 2013; not depicted)

Guess what is my main guitar? ;)

Very nice collection! That Linus Thinline intrigues me...

You are missing a PRS amplifier, though...

Thank you!

I miss money to fullfil the requirements that a PRS amp is missing :D
My family would jump on my roof immediately... So I have to be patient catching the right moment.

And a custom order 513 from PS Division (but I´m not limited to the standard double cut body) would fit well in my collection.

Yes, it is a whale blue ME Quattro. Rosewood neck, very nice player. I love rosewood neck guitars!!!!

Yea, it's a beaut! Is that white binding on it?

Yes it is! That was my first PRS, which I had decided several years before was going to be an Emerald Green CU24, preferably 10-top. And that is what I got!

I love Emerald Green; it's one of my favorites. That and Whale Blue are about the only two colors I would personally get on a PRS.

yep, bound neck. More of a cream color.

What do you think about the difference in sound of the neck pickup in the 22 versus any of the 24's you have?

Also, what do you think about the non-adjustable stop tail in terms of how it feels under your hand, and also if you've had any intonation issues with?

What do you think about the difference in sound of the neck pickup in the 22 versus any of the 24's you have?

Also, what do you think about the non-adjustable stop tail in terms of how it feels under your hand, and also if you've had any intonation issues with?

Hard to answer since none of my 24's have the same pickups as the ME Quattro. But based on playing; the 57/08 have a nice base sound like a LP while the 59/09 have more volume. The 53/10's have more clarity I feel but the 57/08 have more midrange. The ME pickups have more treble which make for a sweet sounding tone tapped in middle position. If I had a mod up my sleeve I would put the ME pickups in a cus 22 and bam!!!!-- classic rocker sound. But that is what I have the VB and HFS in my gold top for. Most folks here will tell you, they are the best keep secret for great rock tones.

As for the bridge, I prefer a bridge I can intonate, but PRS have solved the meaning of life on this one cause I have never had a problem with the non-adjustable wrap-around bridge. I have 2 cus 22 with it and no issue. If I had to say I felt a difference it would be in the strings. And I mean the stiffness of the strings. On my cus 22 gold top I have an adjustable tailstop and the strings do not feel as stiff on bends. I have noticed this on other guitars too. :confused:

Back