PRS Family Photos thread

Mini Rig of Doom

With these three guitars I'm nailing just about every sound I've been trying to nail for the last several years.. including a few sounds I didn't even know I wanted but now love.

It's funny... prior to PRS I never played clean. It was always either sort of dirty or really dirty. Now I spend much more time with the volume rolled back and exploring new territory.

I'd like to say that with these three PRS I'm all done... but we all know that the search never ends.

IMG_5562.jpg
59/09 in that McCarty?

Lots of changes in my studio/jam room/gear collection of late. Added my violet CU24 piezo, sold lots of old FX, guitars, etc.

Here are the PRS siblings:

IMG_6993-XL.jpg

Here they are with the extended family (photo replaced to show newly added sound foam):

IMG_7070-X2.jpg

Here's a shot of the whole room including drum and bass world (this room doubles as the home theater, the sofa faces my big screen):

IMG_6987-XL.jpg

Lastly, here is my control room looking out:

IMG_6990-XL.jpg

I need to order some 1' studio foam squares to mount around the hanging guitars, I had to take several old large panels down that were deteriorating, but that made room to hang guitars!

Last edited:
Lots of changes in my studio/jam room/gear collection of late. Added my violet CU24 piezo, sold lots of old FX, guitars, etc.

Here are the PRS siblings:

IMG_6993-XL.jpg

Here they are with the extended family:

IMG_6989-XL.jpg

Here's a shot of the whole room including drum and bass world (this room doubles as the home theater, the sofa faces my big screen):

IMG_6987-XL.jpg

Lastly, here is my control room looking out:

IMG_6990-XL.jpg

I need to order some 1' studio foam squares to mount around the hanging guitars, I had to take several old large panels down that were deteriorating, but that made room to hang guitars!
That is a very nice room set up you have there! My HT room doubles as a music room too, but it is so crammed full of both I think I need to re-organize. And there are no guitars hanging on my HT/Music room walls - they are in the hallway outside.

Hey guys, I have just joined the family with a modest SE. Correct me if I am wrong but it looks like a few people around here have large collections of PRSs. Is it something like, once you got one, you needed more and other guitar brands faded in the background? I have only been around the forum for a couple of days but I have this feeling that there is something special going on with PRS. I am not making a good job putting into words but hopefully someone will be able to chime in to tell me more about what looks like the 'PRS dream'.

Don't get me wrong, I am loving my Custom 24 but I can't help but think that I am under the spell of the new piece of gear.

Hey guys, I have just joined the family with a modest SE. Correct me if I am wrong but it looks like a few people around here have large collections of PRSs. Is it something like, once you got one, you needed more and other guitar brands faded in the background? I have only been around the forum for a couple of days but I have this feeling that there is something special going on with PRS. I am not making a good job putting into words but hopefully someone will be able to chime in to tell me more about what looks like the 'PRS dream'.

Don't get me wrong, I am loving my Custom 24 but I can't help but think that I am under the spell of the new piece of gear.
Welcome and all I can say is, goodbye to other guitars. PRS will take over your collection. I used to be a huge Fender guy, until I bought an SE, then another, then a Core, an S2... there's no end in sight. It's not a bad thing, just accept it. :D

Yep, 2 Fenders, 3 Gibsons, 3 Ibanez, A Parker and an Epiphone have bit the dust from my collection since I got my first PRS. They are addictive.

I spent about 25 years playing Gibsons. When I got my first PRS, I realized that this could help me make the sounds I had been chasing in my head. They also played in tune, which I had given up on ever finding. To put the cherry on the Sundae, even the SE`s look better to me than the expensive guitars other companies make. You will see, when you recover from the new piece of kit infatuation.

Like the others that have chimed in, I will pile on:

Yes, PRS guitars are very addictive, because you realize they offer up so many tonal and visual variation, and are so nice to play.

I still have all my non-PRS guitars, but I very rarely play them - I have to make an effort to say to myself something like "let's pick up the telecaster and see what I can do". And then I put it down after a while, pick up a PRS like the Vela, and say to myself "yep, the PRS is just better somehow".

Yes, PRS guitars are very addictive, because you realize they offer up so many tonal and visual variation, and are so nice to play.

I still have all my non-PRS guitars, but I very rarely play them - I have to make an effort to say to myself something like "let's pick up the telecaster and see what I can do". And then I put it down after a while, pick up a PRS like the Vela, and say to myself "yep, the PRS is just better somehow".

I can definitely relate to that so far...

I am starting to experience this, with some surprise. Will you sell your non-PRS guitars or keep them 'just in case'?

Back