Couple that used to belong to Paul
266b4IG.jpg

A couple of pales
UJ3bCZs.jpg

Blues
JUOjD0J.jpg

Triplets!
UTHXeYt.jpg

I have three PRSi, but lack in the posting department. So close your eyes and picture a Ezra verde hardtail siggy, white HB2 singlecut, and violin burst HB2 in your mind. They are really cool and play real nice through my hxda and Homemade black paisley 2x12 cab.

I have three PRSi, but lack in the posting department. So close your eyes and picture a Ezra verde hardtail siggy, white HB2 singlecut, and violin burst HB2 in your mind. They are really cool and play real nice through my hxda and Homemade black paisley 2x12 cab.
Sorry, we lack imagination. :D Just reply to this thread a few more times and you’ll be able to post pics. ;)

I don't actually have any complete family photos these days... here are my relevant axes though

I just popped some locally made PAF type pickups in that Starla and it's become a monster. The old CE was rescued from a church band, it just had a full refinish and refret.

I don't actually have any complete family photos these days... here are my relevant axes though

I just popped some locally made PAF type pickups in that Starla and it's become a monster. The old CE was rescued from a church band, it just had a full refinish and refret.

Nice. Love the CE. What year is it?

PTC really did a great job on that for me...I really like the full size 408 in bridge with the NF neck and middle...not to mention the 3 minitoggles they added (split bridge, add bridge and “blower”). I’m fine with a little light soldering, but routing and making a custom pickguard are a little outside my skill set.

As of now, I feel fairly confident I can do it. I have to see if the original pickguard can be modded and still have the screw holes for the bridge pickup be in the right spot. A quick holding a humbucker up, seems possible but I’ll have to take the pickguard off and look underneath too.

I’ve got an old strat pickguard I can practice on and scrap wood, even an old crappy guitar body, I can screw around with. We’ll see.
After further review, screw holes from the NF bridge pickup are slightly narrower than a standard humbucker so looks like I’d need to get a custom pickguard made. So no instant gratification without it looking crappy. Which means I probably won’t ever get around to it. Gutting the guitar to trace the current pickguard(which seems how most places do it), then either leaving it apart for who knows how long, or putting it back together...meh, not sure I’m that patient. :(

After further review, screw holes from the NF bridge pickup are slightly narrower than a standard humbucker so looks like I’d need to get a custom pickguard made. So no instant gratification without it looking crappy. Which means I probably won’t ever get around to it. Gutting the guitar to trace the current pickguard(which seems how most places do it), then either leaving it apart for who knows how long, or putting it back together...meh, not sure I’m that patient. :(

I’m very pleased with the job PTC did on it for me, and considering the parts/work (new 408 bridge, routing, custom pickguard and my usual selection of crazy minitoggles)...the price was reasonable, and they did the work quickly.
Can’t hurt to e-mail them for a quote to “Tosca-fy” your NF3 (after they reopen of course).

Color me jealous of nearly all of your family shots. Absolutely stunning guitars!

I believe that if I photograph my guitars, it will rob them of tone.

Tone in photography is the range of lightest to the darkest part of an image. So a properly exposed photo will have all the tone.

Its scientific.

Back