PRS fakes?

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Div, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Laurie

Laurie LAURIE

Yeah Sorry fella's it was Royal Blue the colour not Whale Blue, and yes this Guitar is a Genuine PRS.

2. mmarshburn

mmarshburn New Member

I know this is an old thread, but I recently encountered a fake PRS that had obviously been manufactured to look identical to a real one. Attached is a picture of the headstock where the SN is written. Other than the script, it was put in exactly as a real one was and had an appropriate SN for the year indicated. I emailed PRS who confirmed it as fake after seeing a frontal shot. This guitar was manufactured with shadow birds, which had the thick plastic coating over them and had Pauls signature on the headstock.
    [​IMG]

3. Reactorcritical

Reactorcritical New Member

Here's a guy that specifically orders Chinese made knock-offs just to show people the quality of these knock-off guitars (most are AWFUL). None even come close to the guitars they mimic (maybe in looks but playability and sound is usually terrible).

Here's the PRS vid:

#23 Reactorcritical, Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2015
  4. dogrocketp

dogrocketp I drank the PRS kool aid, and it was tasty!

With the cost of the SE standard as low as it is, why would anyone bother with crap like this?

5. Dusty Chalk

Dusty Chalk alberngruppenf├╝hrer

They endorse child labor?

No, seriously, I wouldn't've known if this here board hadn't edumucated me.

6. G-Man

G-Man New Member

I've seen a number of guitars on EBAY from a seller in Japan that seem to be fakes. Anyone for a $5,000 CE with a ten top.

7. mmarshburn

mmarshburn New Member

No kidding... Especially since many of the SE's, when set up properly, can not only have the feel of an American PRS, but can sound close with the right PU's.