PRS fakes?

Yeah Sorry fella's it was Royal Blue the colour not Whale Blue, and yes this Guitar is a Genuine PRS.

I know this is an old thread, but I recently encountered a fake PRS that had obviously been manufactured to look identical to a real one. Attached is a picture of the headstock where the SN is written. Other than the script, it was put in exactly as a real one was and had an appropriate SN for the year indicated. I emailed PRS who confirmed it as fake after seeing a frontal shot. This guitar was manufactured with shadow birds, which had the thick plastic coating over them and had Pauls signature on the headstock.
imagejpeg

Here's a guy that specifically orders Chinese made knock-offs just to show people the quality of these knock-off guitars (most are AWFUL). None even come close to the guitars they mimic (maybe in looks but playability and sound is usually terrible).

Here's the PRS vid:

Last edited by a moderator:
With the cost of the SE standard as low as it is, why would anyone bother with crap like this?

They endorse child labor?

No, seriously, I wouldn't've known if this here board hadn't edumucated me.

I've seen a number of guitars on EBAY from a seller in Japan that seem to be fakes. Anyone for a $5,000 CE with a ten top.

With the cost of the SE standard as low as it is, why would anyone bother with crap like this?
No kidding... Especially since many of the SE's, when set up properly, can not only have the feel of an American PRS, but can sound close with the right PU's.

Back