PRS FAKE ?

SAMKING

HI , First time here,
i bought a PRS in second hand market , i would like to know this PRS is FAKE or not ,Thank you so much

Last edited:
Hello and welcome.

Please post some detailed photographs. The more detail we see, the more able we will be to help you.

HI , First time here,
i bought a PRS in second hand market , i would like to know this PRS is FAKE or not ,Thank you so much

You need to share your pics from a photo sharing site like Flickr or Photobucket. Once you upload them there, you can either copy/paste the pic into your post, or use the Image button on the tool bar above.

You need to share your pics from a photo sharing site like Flickr or Photobucket. Once you upload them there, you can either copy/paste the pic into your post, or use the Image button on the tool bar above.
THANKS YOU
Hello and welcome.

Please post some detailed photographs. The more detail we see, the more able we will be to help you.
THANKS YOU
Welcome. We'll be happy to help, but need some pics and/or description.

THANKS YOU

Yes fake. Couple of giveaways in my opinion. It's not the 25th anniversary birds. The tuners are not phase 3 and if they are 2 they don't have the PRS logo. Bound neck on the pickup side. The trem is more square than the rounded edges normally present in a PRS trem. The distance between the top of the horns on the headstock and the tuners looks off. Truss rod cover material is off. Just what I think are give aways after a quick look.

Sorry!

Last edited:
I'm going with fake. Should have Phase III tuners, and I thought the 25th had the rotary, not the blade. There are a couple of other glaring anomalies as well.

The body looked pretty convincing, but hardware is definitely not from PRS. The headstock graphics were the biggest red flag and I think it should have a wood veneer on the 25th anniversary PRS'. Nice maple top on it, it looks like something you'd find on a PRS.

I'm going with fake as well. Tuners and bridge are wrong. Pop the pickups and see what's in the cavities.

One look at the headstock tells you all you need to know. Not one thing right about it. The body isn't even close, either.

Sorry for the not so good news. How much did you pay for it SAMKING?

Man, sorry to confirm what all the other guys are saying :-(. Hope you get your money back.

Also, the curve of the body behind the neck as well as the headstock shape are way off. Furthermore, the serial number is the wrong size and the tuners are all askew. Nut is not anything like the original as far as I know, and the string angles from nut to tuning pegs are way off - looks like the tuners were thrown on rather than carefully placed.

A fake, and a very badly made one at that.

I don't keep piling on to rub salt in the wound, just to give you ammo to hopefully help get your money back.

Back