PRS FAKE ?

I am always in a quandary on how to respond to these requests. On one hand, it is an obvious fake. On the other hand, we have no idea who the poster is with very post volumes and pointed out all of the details on why we think it is a fake. Back down to the workshop and out comes a better fake. Not insinuating at all that this is actually happening and totally respect the op's question, I just sometimes wonder where the answer should be "Fake" and drive through.

Saw my first Chibson with the correct Gibson logo, a bugaboo on these for years. Just saying and again no harm intended to the OP.

I am always in a quandary on how to respond to these requests. On one hand, it is an obvious fake. On the other hand, we have no idea who the poster is with very post volumes and pointed out all of the details on why we think it is a fake. Back down to the workshop and out comes a better fake. Not insinuating at all that this is actually happening and totally respect the op's question, I just sometimes wonder where the answer should be "Fake" and drive through.

Saw my first Chibson with the correct Gibson logo, a bugaboo on these for years. Just saying and again no harm intended to the OP.

Hmm...

I think that most posts here can be deduced from comparing with images of real PRSs - so there's no "obscure knowledge" disclosed that would be critical in getting those last 3 %.

Hmm...

I think that most posts here can be deduced from comparing with images of real PRSs - so there's no "obscure knowledge" disclosed that would be critical in getting those last 3 %.
Yes but getting "expert" opinions on how well someone has done is valuable to these scumbags. I've been reluctant for the same reason. Not sure how much we give away but I do think they would like to know how they are doing.

Yes but getting "expert" opinions on how well someone has done is valuable to these scumbags. I've been reluctant for the same reason. Not sure how much we give away but I do think they would like to know how they are doing.

Who's to say that among all of our helpful responses we weren't carefully coordinating via DM to sprinkle in a few suggestions that made it worse?

Boom - game theory!

There would be little point in creating the best forgery in the world if nobody is going to know about it but I suspect these counterfeiters care very little about kudos.

Thanks all guys, I can get my money back,
Thanks all lets me know more about PRS knowledge , Next time if I buy PRS guitar,I will seek more suggestions ,Thank all :)

Good to see you are getting your money back. What was the deal with the seller? He/she knew it was fake?

We might see this guitar again when the next person buys it.

You can tell it's fake from the first photo:

On real PRS the strings run just about dead on straight from the nut slots to the tuners.

The angle here especially for the two inside strings is incredible

I agree with APS, this is not a question of real vs. fake but a question of how well am I doing and can these fool the basic consumer into buying one of these guitars. Again, no offense to the op, but we have also pointed out every flaw in the fake. Again, using the Chibsons as an example, the only thing they have not fixed on the fakes is the bridge adjuster screws and position because they use Epiphone parts. In most other places, they nailed to from a picture standpoint.

The inaccuracies in this one are too many to count. Everything pointed out here has been pointed out on similar counterfeit threads in the past. I'm not too concerned.

Back