PRS Factory from 30000 feet

I managed to make it through the experience of Needles Highway and Iron Mountain Road in a larger vehicle. My hands and forearms where shot. I may let the wife tackle the bridge.

In your defense, it is a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong way down.

Like Butch Cassidy told Sundance, “Don’t worry about drowning. The fall will kill you.”

Hope that helps.

Like Butch Cassidy told Sundance, “Don’t worry about drowning. The fall will kill you.”

Hope that helps.
Here's a cute story. A couple of years ago there was an accident on the bridge and a tractor trailer actually pushed a woman's car off the side of the bridge. The car landed roof side down in the water. The woman driving unbuckled herself, climbed out of the car and swam to the shore, unscathed. She's a bad ass!

Crossing during a blizzard can be disconcerting.

The most fear I've had was being under the bridge in a 14 ft. Aluminum boat. Swells were over my head in all directions. Far safer ON the bridge.

So, we need to rig up a fake snow machine on your car, and add a speeding semi to the creaking bridge noises on the CD. Got it.

I ran across the bridge in the annual 10k Across The Bay, in 2016; nothing to it Bodia!

BTW, if you REALLY don't want to drive, there is a service at the base of the bridge that drives you across. My dad's wife literally CAN'T drive over the bridge because she gets overwhelmed with fear; she hires the service all of the time.

I ran across the bridge in the annual 10k Across The Bay, in 2016; nothing to it Bodia!

BTW, if you REALLY don't want to drive, there is a service at the base of the bridge that drives you across. My dad's wife literally CAN'T drive over the bridge because she gets overwhelmed with fear; she hires the service all of the time.

Thanks! Not sure what the deal is. I used to love bridges, and building forts in the closet. Sometime in the last 10 years I grew nervous on bridges (not all, but most), and hate small places. I had an MRI of my head about 12 years ago (yes, I do/did have a brain) and laid there like a champ. I had to have one of my lower back last year and I almost freaked out. I was only half way in the machine, and my head was totally clear of being in it.

Irrational fears are hard to understand. I have a fear that Julie Bowen will agree to marry me and then leave me at the alter for a better looking man. :(

I mean, what the heck! At least stay for the honeymoon! Am I right?

I clicked “like” because you made me think of Julie Bowen. :)

Last edited:
I clicked “like” because you made me think of Julie Bowen. :)
So... while I certainly agree with that sentiment, are you saying that just knowing one of your beloved forum brothers had truly hit the biggest of the big time wouldn't be enough to get a like?

Look, I'm not a Bogart. I'd bring her to Experience and let you guys look at her. :)

Irrational fears are hard to understand. I have a fear that Julie Bowen will agree to marry me and then leave me at the alter for a better looking man. :(

I mean, what the heck! At least stay for the honeymoon! Am I right?

Firstly! Mmmm, Julie Bowen!

Hope that helps.

Secondly, as my old pops-in-law frequently reminds me, it’s not the fall that kills you, it’s the sudden stop!:rolleyes:

So... while I certainly agree with that sentiment, are you saying that just knowing one of your beloved forum brothers had truly hit the biggest of the big time wouldn't be enough to get a like?

Look, I'm not a Bogart. I'd bring her to Experience and let you guys look at her. :)

Well, first, I’m thoroughly ashamed of myself, for not sharing your joy and potential good fortune. Second, I am really looking forward to seeing Julie at the Experience (I’ll be the DOM with drool on my chin).

Finally, to be honest (which implies that I’m not always), I find your posts funny as hell (Isnt that an odd expression?).

Well, first, I’m thoroughly ashamed of myself, for not sharing your joy and potential good fortune. Second, I am really looking forward to seeing Julie at the Experience (I’ll be the DOM with drool on my chin).

Finally, to be honest (which implies that I’m not always), I find your posts funny as hell (Isnt that an odd expression?).

Yes, there is at first a certain element of jealousy that is sometimes present when someone walks in the room with her, I imagine. Just remember who has 50 Private Stocks and a Z06.

Besides, if Julie is at Experience, you won't be the only one drooling! Wait, I won't be there... hmm, if Julie is coming I'll sleep in my freakin car! (Heck I'd sleep under a bridge for that!) :D

And thanks for the, uh, compliment... as you point out, that phrase is at least ironic. Along with "cool as hell" and several others.

And PS- did anybody catch MF last night? Red dress alert! (I'm getting light headed...)

I have never googled exactly where the PRS factory is.
I just did and am kicking myself because I have been to D.C. many times for work and could've driven over to check it out. Dang.
Looks like I'm gonna need to find a reason to get to D.C. soon.

Thanks! Not sure what the deal is. I used to love bridges, and building forts in the closet. Sometime in the last 10 years I grew nervous on bridges (not all, but most), and hate small places. I had an MRI of my head about 12 years ago (yes, I do/did have a brain) and laid there like a champ. I had to have one of my lower back last year and I almost freaked out. I was only half way in the machine, and my head was totally clear of being in it.

My stepmom had the same later-in-life development. It wasn't and issue until my little sister was born. I wasn't afraid of flying or racing until my first son was born; then I suddenly had a fear of both.

Back