PRS Factory from 30000 feet

Paul L

Flying home to Philly from New Orleans yesterday, I just happened to look out the window at precisely the right time to capture this image of Kent Island. The blue arrow points to the factory location.

WzLhz5AiRoxEwFKoaQXXhGLyMW1WuJB9Ov8C72GMMtlyTfzDma-2FKWveZ65NUyRJj5WlgjFVVRVYPeqWlz2k3fapk-jG4dFUn5wyydMUcO9Vj1COToazQBikJTpnIa38Fv-E4CyFfibf6rpFITD4T2SX4HzIGaExzTxgXodB7DJahLoBJ4ZmUAZvs60hTsdl1jNDP_FBVhtN9M5PDDVbjgH_leC7eZGBGNwZXQKVni_-8-mh626fDqVOWcq6K9yEv6iSgZoc3efnAKaFPZITLiDrKyCq4vqAMZ7nppCT75bLAPBXFeZjbSOCqpdg4be98N5ox_Bm2-tMryMZaH78npFhTEin98oPQMQUliCcIdg08Lx2U40Z_bmWq8djtjEojNbiBC6-TFvWbOwLxGxgwRBYfc0yrgPUxKWfzYz__WRFOfLQGvls6UnsCndSkMYOq6Z2rRomJHnqVXbjdTYnd693P5feGHzDlzKI0ue5tHn1Sd8Jkuz7htErH4LNy7pkdbvrhlcIWPpsdGrT72FrF-maBUX0aKfwpSCuyRfUb6jD1cTHbzr7LFRrmkBgf2fzkH3JaKdrt9VjgC8PgENoNKyH7BXdLld8MTwXPs=w1243-h933-no

It's just a little over 4 miles long. Looks tiny in the pic.

Beats parachuting in I guess. I'll drive you over it it helps.

Should I send you a CD of creaking bridge noises to play on the drive?

That's one of my favorite bridges.

It's just a little over 4 miles long. Looks tiny in the pic.

Beats parachuting in I guess. I'll drive you over it it helps.

You guys are the best! Well, at least Rob. Alan, you're not helping much! :p

I love that bridge. After all, it leads to heaven! I love driving it though, maybe it's just the anticipation for where I'm going. I only really think of the drive out to the island, not the one coming back in. I suppose I'd hate it if I needed it for the commute every day.

Oh snap, I planned on a tour in October, but I hate bridges.......

The bridge on the right side of the photo is the Kent Narrows Bridge. It's not very high and only about 1/2 mile long. The bridge on the left is the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. It's high enough to let large ships pass under and it's about 3.5 miles long. Bridges don't freak me out, but I've heard a lot of people say the Bay Bridge is scary.

The bridge on the right side of the photo is the Kent Narrows Bridge. It's not very high and only about 1/2 mile long. The bridge on the left is the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. It's high enough to let large ships pass under and it's about 3.5 miles long. Bridges don't freak me out, but I've heard a lot of people say the Bay Bridge is scary.

Well, I'll have to suck it up. I'm not letting a bridge keep me from a trip to the Mecca!

The first couple times I drove over the Bay Bridge (about 30 years ago now), on the side going towards Stevensville, there were grates in the roadway in the right lane that ran parallel to the lane, pretty much right where your right tires were. Nothing like the feel of the car sliding all over those with the water and the barriers taking up most of your sight. It's much better now.

The first couple times I drove over the Bay Bridge (about 30 years ago now), on the side going towards Stevensville, there were grates in the roadway in the right lane that ran parallel to the lane, pretty much right where your right tires were. Nothing like the feel of the car sliding all over those with the water and the barriers taking up most of your sight. It's much better now.

The key was to hug the wall so that your tires didn't have to be on the grates

If Markie can do, you can. Just grip the wheel a little tighter. The blood finally returned to his hands after about a week.

I managed to make it through the experience of Needles Highway and Iron Mountain Road in a larger vehicle. My hands and forearms where shot. I may let the wife tackle the bridge.

Back