PRS Experience - Any news?

DougUSMC

Perpetual Practicer
Apologies if this has already been discussed, I didn't see any recent relevant threads.

I know that COVID cancelled our last one, and continues to make planning the next a challenge. Being the eternal optimist, I have to believe that some day this isn't going to be the case. I also "know" that these things take a LONG time to plan, so anything being planned would be a way out anyway. Those two things being said, I DON'T want to derail the thread with them. My bigger question is "life after COVID".

I've heard a lot of things about COVID changing the industry, from NAMM "maybe staying virtual", to "The Big 3 thinking COVID adjustments led to big support behind virtual events". I also have to admit that PRS sales going through the roof w/the Silver Sky and big bump in bolt-on necks, I worry that things could change for the brand. Maybe I'm wearing a tinfoil hat, but I feel like the cancellation of the Signature Club was a sign of that.

So what say ye, fellow PRS Addicts. Do you think we'll see another "Let's all Crash the Easd'ern Shor' PRS Experience" in the future, or are the going the way of the dodo??

I'd heard that there was some talk about possibly this year, but that was earlier in the process and it was all very much up in the air at that point. I suspect the surges around the omicron variant probably helped make some people a bit hesitant about this kind of an event. Given that they haven't announced any plans to resume factory tours or in-person visits for Private Stock builds, I'd be a little surprised to see Experience in the early-summer timeframe.

Strangely enough, my wife and I were talking about this earlier today because my buddy asked if I wanted to go to a show in early June. She said, "Isn't there a chance of Experience?" Usually, we take part of the week to go to Ocean City, but she's a tad nervous about doing that.

I think that the virtual events have kind of surprised people with their popularity and convenience (much like working from home). Obviously, that kind of thing won't replace touring, but it's a great tool for periods when a band can't tour if they want to stay connected with their fans.

Funny, we were doing the same thing a few days ago, which is what led me to coming here looking for info.

I really need the PS builds to start happening again, I have a couple of major milestone gifts coming up, that I'm looking to parlaying into my next one...

ExpPRS2014-00.gif

Okay, I'm new here. Tell me of (or link me to) this "Experience" thing?

Pretty much an open house experience, but way better. There's a sales floor where you can buy from selected dealers - the closest thing to buying direct PRS offers. There's food, factory tours, product demos, artist demos, and great live music.

You can see some of the stuff from past events here - http://tignanelli.com/experienceprs.htm.

I prepared to order another shirt.
I love that shirt!! I hate the circumstances that led to it, but love that shirt!!
(Many of us chipped in and got PRS Forum shirts when the 2020 experience was cancelled due to COVID).
Okay, I'm new here. Tell me of (or link me to) this "Experience" thing?
Others forgot: It's also a weekend of beer, tons of demos and stages! Which meant "come pick up an instrument and jam along".
Oh, and some professionals playing too. :D

But yeah, big PRS Open House at the factory in MD. Think more "Huge family reunion weekend" and less "Sweetwater Gearfest or NAMM".

Argh, I've been the worst Experience non-attender. We used to have a big industry/volunteer event that often fell on the same weekend. I had hoped to hand pick my 594 at Experience (held out a long time for that milestone, in the name of lame financial responsibility), but of course, COVID had other things to say, ended up buying online. No regrets with the guitar, but really want to have the... well, you know, Experience. My wife's sister lives in DC area now, so it would be an easy trip to justify.

Back