PRS Europe

Kinda weird looking if you ask me. And the guitar isn’t much better! :)

Anyhoo, he’s a great player. About two lifetimes ago when I was still having guitar lessons I saw him play at a drum clinic in Hammonds music store in Watford, England. I think he might have been a session player at the time? Later on I believe (although could be mistaken) he became the guitarist for Level 42, alongside legendary bassist Mark King.

... and most recently a collaborator with Robert the Fripp, and a member of King Crimson's last go-round. Jakko's OK with me. I didn't totally get the PRS connection to the SE Schizoid Man model, but as far as I know, Jakko played the SE on the tours, which is cool.

Seems when you boil it down, his new one is apparently a Private Stock Santana Paul's Guitar, which sounds like a dandy combination of elements to me. Kind of a cartoon purple, and the art's purdurn busy, but that's only skin deep, I guess. I mean, when I think PRS Art Piece, I don't think of painted murals, but who cares what I think!

I do wonder what's the deal with needing an assistant to unbox your new guitars for you; I thought doing it yourself was part of the NGD thrill. Seems kinda like deputizing a roadie to spend the night with your groupie.

Back