PRS EG4 opinion

pjournel

Hello,

I might have the opportunity to acquire this lovely 1990 EG4:
1508005994.jpg

I have not played it yet. I already have a Custom 24, a McCarty and a Soapbar SE, the super Strat config of this baby interests me.

What's your opinion on those guitars?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Pierre.

Shawn@PRS said:
I have a '93 EG with three Fralin Domino pups. It kicks butt!
I agree. For some reason, it seems like the old EG's are under-appreciated, maybe due to their "budget line" status. But perhaps someday the EG's will get their proper recognition and will be thought of as the PRS equivalent to Gibson's budget line 1950's Les Paul Juniors.

Very Cool looking guitar! If it plays well and the price is right then id say it's a no-brainer

Link said:
Shawn@PRS said:
I have a '93 EG with three Fralin Domino pups. It kicks butt!
I agree. For some reason, it seems like the old EG's are under-appreciated, maybe due to their "budget line" status. But perhaps someday the EG's will get their proper recognition and will be thought of as the PRS equivalent to Gibson's budget line 1950's Les Paul Juniors.

That's a very good point Link. The EG's are certainly bare-bones, blue collar style guitars, but that's their appeal. They have a cult following for exactly the same reasons and I hope that only contines to grow over time. The current NF3 and DC3 models certainly pay homage to the Grandaddy EG.

PS, my EG looks just like yours, except with a perloid gaurd

pjournel said:
Hello,

I might have the opportunity to acquire this lovely 1990 EG4:
1508005994.jpg

I have not played it yet. I already have a Custom 24, a McCarty and a Soapbar SE, the super Strat config of this baby interests me.

What's your opinion on those guitars?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Pierre.

If you decide not to purchase it ... please give me a heads up ... Thanks

Back