PRS DC-3

gioforce76

Bartender to the stars
I bought my Dc-3 about 6 months ago and I have to say it has become one of my favorites the more I play it. it plays so well and sounds great. Finally have a Strat style guitar that stays in tune after using the Trem. Not too sure of the neck profile on it buts it very comfortable and easy to play and the maple neck with birds looks awesome. Just an all around great guitar. any other dc users here?

I’ve got a fair amount of experience with my friend’s 3 DC3s. His are all maple neck and board. I find that combo to have slightly more of a flat feeling to it. I sort of prefer rosewood boards personally but I think they sound and play fantastic. I really like the 25 1/4” scale length too.

I’ve got a fair amount of experience with my friend’s 3 DC3s. His are all maple neck and board. I find that combo to have slightly more of a flat feeling to it. I sort of prefer rosewood boards personally but I think they sound and play fantastic. I really like the 25 1/4” scale length too.
ever since I was a kid I have always liked maple fret boards on Strats or teles.

In the end it’s totally personal preference. I don’t dislike Maple I just feel like the rosewood board gives the neck a more rounded feeling. I’ve had my eye on one of his for awhile. Trying to get him to part with a different one right now haha!

I think they do a great job of filling that F guitar spot

In the end it’s totally personal preference. I don’t dislike Maple I just feel like the rosewood board gives the neck a more rounded feeling. I’ve had my eye on one of his for awhile. Trying to get him to part with a different one right now haha!

that's why they make so many different ones , I do like it better then the silver sky though , im not a fan of that fret board radius.

I miss my DC3, such great guitars!

I’ve got a line on a powder blue one with a rosewood board, if you’re interested I can get you on contact with the guy.

Gah. DC3s, my White Whale.

As @sergiodeblanc knows, I'm looking for one with maple neck+board, birds, in seafoam green.

There are a few seafoam green ones out there, sometimes with maple boards, but never birds.

There is one out there now with maple board and birds, but a different color (and a way-too-high price).

And when I do find it, I will probably be short of cash due to some unforeseen expensive circumstance, like now when I have to get the upstairs AC fixed.

Growf.

Found a new-old-stock DC3 many years ago for about half-price. So glad that was I able to buy it back then! People invariably compare them to Strats but to me they feel and sound quite different. What I love about the DC3 and the NF3 is that they really are Paul’s take on a 3-pickup double cutaway with trem. It’s Paul doing what Paul wanted to do. The Silver Sky, good as it is, is Paul doing what John couldn’t get Fender to do. The DC3 has a unique voice and I really dig it (though I like the NF3 even more).

PS my DC3 is part of small number that got out the door with bad tuners (got this confirmed by PRS). They work, but feel stiff and rough and should not have made it past QC.

Back