Dirk1965

Hello,

hopefully some of the experts here can help me.
I have a PRS Custom with a highly figured birdseye maple top.
It is the number 1 of only 14 made for the Los Angeles Guitar Center.
This is what you can read in the pickup cavitiy as well as on the back of the headstock.
In the pickup cavities you can also read the production date: 10/04/91 and "ATS" and "NC" (this is hard to read).
The treble pickup has a sticker which says Artist Series V (this is handwritten) and Vintage Treble.

I own the guitar since the beginning of 1994 and there was never a pickup change.

Here are my question:
Has anybody of you further informations about this limited Edition and the pickup?
There are absolutely no informations in the net. I wonder how the other 13 guitars look like...

Welcome to the group! I will echo veinbuster and suggest that you email the serial number to customer service. They will get back to you with more information. I bought two PRS guitars this year (one of them site unseen) and sent the serial number to them before making the purchase.

Guitar Center had 27 'anniversary' PRS guitars made that year (not 14). I had #11550, also with a birdseye-maple top. I believe it was #26/27 but I can't recall. It had a signed headstock, like the Sig and LE models.

The bridge pickup in your guitar is interesting, More had an HFS. Curious if your also had its serial number written on the edge of the control cavity.

Have any photos to share?

Hi all,
thank you so much for your quick replies.
It is indeed number 1 out of only 14 made. The s/n is also written in the pickup cavity.
I will post some pics of the guitar tomorrow.

Guitar Center had 27 'anniversary' PRS guitars made that year (not 14). I had #11550, also with a birdseye-maple top. I believe it was #26/27 but I can't recall. It had a signed headstock, like the Sig and LE models.

The bridge pickup in your guitar is interesting, More had an HFS. Curious if your also had its serial number written on the edge of the control cavity.

Have any photos to share?
I'm aware of this run. Do you have pics of your guitar?

I contacted PRS directly and the Los Angeles Guitar Center too.
LAGC has absolutely no information about this limited run.
PRS only told me that there was a limited edition of 14 guitars....
Any ideas where i can get more informations???

Thank you :)

Bruce’s Inline
prs-1.jpg

Back