PRS Custom: A Short History

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Keith Williams, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Keith Williams

Keith Williams New Member

I did buy the Mint Mira off Reverb from a great guy in NJ. Is that you brother? I had a 2008 Mira and like this one, I'd bought it new in '08. I had them put a 57/08 in the neck and a DGT in the bridge. I loved both pickups but let them go when I sold that guitar. Mistake, but I'd given the original Mira pickups to a good friend so...

DMV? Department of Motor Vehicles? Nope. We're up in Ithaca, NY. Yes, Jeanne Nooney at PRS is already lobbying for me and my family to come to experience. Let's see how many views the video gets and see if they still want me to visit, :) . Ok, I looked this up. Not in DC.

So the "Angry Larry" of said PRS color works at Levin's? That's a cool local factoid. I talked to Sean on the phone who indulged my string gauge preferences when they did the set up before shipping. The semi should be here tomorrow. I will update folks here with a new thread and I imagine a "what guitars did you keep?" video at some point. Folks keep asking. Despite that early video, "How many guitars do you need?" I've never been a one guitar guy, but I've always marveled at those that are.

Basauri, bodia and Alnus Rubra like this.
  2. dogrocketp

dogrocketp I drank the PRS kool aid, and it was tasty!

That was a great snare of a fine guitar. Actually, DMV is shorthand for the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia. The Angry Larry of PRS fame is actually Larry Urie who was a VP at PRS before retiring. He sat on his hands, went fishing, got bored,and then went to work at Chuck Levin’s, which has always been on the best terms with Paul. He’s a great guy with substantial hearing loss.

bodia likes this.
  3. Mark VerMurlen

Mark VerMurlen New Member

As a new first-time PRS owner, I really appreciate this story on the history of PRS guitars. Thank you very much!

Keith Williams likes this.
  4. vchizzle

vchizzle Zomb!e Nine, DFZ

Really nice video, I don't envy all that narration! You're quite good at it though, thx for sharing.

5. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

]-[@n$0Ma☩!© Zombie Zero, DFZ

Keith, your videos kick ass. Watch the Tele History now.

I've subscribed to your YouTube channel. Ordering myself a 5 Watt World t-shirt shortly.

6. RickP

RickP Established 1960, Still Not Dead

Hey Keith,

I just recently caught some of your FWW content, and enjoy it! Subscribed and following you, bro!

7. Going Modal

Going Modal I should be practicing right now.

Awesome video, Keith. I enjoy all your 5 Watt World stuff--very informative. Thanks for coming to hang around these parts of the internet, too.

8. Keith Williams

Keith Williams New Member

Thanks for the support man. The shirts keep the thing going.

9. cubby61

cubby61 New Member

Keith I recently found your videos and am impressed with the quality and quantity of information presented. Perfect pace as well. Not too fast so as to miss something and not too slow to get boring. I've watched almost all of them even on things I didn't think I'd care about and was still riveted to the screen. Keep up the fantastic work, especially on PRS related things.