PRS Custom 24 s/n 8 4929

Went to the listing, looks legit to me. Pickups are probably Vintage Bass and HFS white labels must of fell off at some time and thrown out. 1988 serial number for that year seems legit.

The E and B slugs on the bridge pickup are of different material which indicates later T and B pickups.

The guy I bought my 89 from never noticed the E and B slugs were different on the bridge pickup until I pointed that out.

How can you own the guitar and never notice that?????

I've owned multiple of that vintage and I've never noticed the different slugs. I can't see the difference in the pictures either. The E & B slugs look the same to me. This is killing me.

I've owned multiple of that vintage and I've never noticed the different slugs. I can't see the difference in the pictures either. The E & B slugs look the same to me. This is killing me.

I was able to notice because I know what it looks like. I' going to pm you.

Here is a photo of my 1988 custom 24 treble pickup, note the difference in the slugs for the high E & B string. The slugs appear a little more gray in color less shiny from the other slugs and there are circle swirls on them.

Thought I’d share this photo for reference.

j7AILeJ.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, guys - lots of thanks! The level of expertise here is outstanding. I am more player than g-tech, but infected with a collector's virus. I just want to make sure I won't get screwed up. I will let you know if I get it. Already spoke to the seller and he is tough on the price. As we are both inside EU, the wood is no issue as far as I know, and BRW was legal at the time of manufacture, wasn't it?

T and B are actually the pickup designations before VB/VHS. I'd probably sell both kidneys to get a bird's eye maple top in any color. I don't know what prices are like where you are. That would be a lot in Maryland, where I am, unless it's mint condition. Then the price would be justifiable in the US. The guitar looks fine and authentic to me.

My dude, here's one for way less than a kidney.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Paul-Reed-...397626?hash=item1edee2643a:g:8VcAAOSwtBdacHgJ

Back