PRS Custom 24 Floyd Rose

Kaledo

Hello everyone, I have seen on youtube a PRS custom 24 floyd rose, I wish to buy one; everyone is talking about how beautiful it is, really, I agree; but I would be curious to know what its sound quality compared to a normal CU24, knowing PU are different and neck and the fretboard are made of different woods. What are the general feelings about playing and feeling about this guitar compared to a regular Custom 24. Obviously for those who own both.
I do not have the possibility to play it unfortunately!
Moreover it's true that the body is thinner than the version without floyd rose?
Thank you all.

The bodys on CUs are all the same thickness ( the P22/24 are 1/4" thicker )
If you like a "Floyd" guitars I am thinking you would be hard pressed not to love this setup for speed I think the Maple and Ebony combo on the neck would be very fast playing and have a very percussive attack , I have never tried the Metal pickups but they sound good in the videos
Good Luck in your search can't wait to see what you get

http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/electrics/core/floyd_custom_24

http://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/electrics/core/custom_24_2017

Hi, thank you for your answer, I already own a regular CU24 and i love it's sound. I own, and owned several floyd guitars so i think the floyd CU24 it will be awesome for sure in terms of playability but the real question is... it still sound like a PRS? :D So everybody, anyone own both? Thank you all.

Last edited:
I have the Custom 24 Floyd with \m/ and have had a regular 24 with HFS (at the same time): the guitars are very similar, naturally, but the Floyd model with the metal pickups just sounds sort of more well rounded but also more aggressive at the same time, which seems ridiculous but it's true lol. I attribute that mostly to the hfs which was a little "spikey" to me and hard for me to get along with.

Also the Floyd itself plus the ebony board and maple neck (mine is rosewood) also color the tone somewhat in comparison to the regular custom 24. It's all preference but honestly I've never heard a prs I didn't like or thought I couldn't get on with by only minor mods like a pickup swap.

Hope this helps lol. Also I sold my 24 and still have my Floyd 24.

Hey I have a few cu24s with floyds and I personally love them. Actually I've got floyds in all my PRS guitars, it's something that I can't do with out now. The sound is similar but the feel is way different. I'd totally recommend it, I think you'll like it a lot.

Hey I have a few cu24s with floyds and I personally love them. Actually I've got floyds in all my PRS guitars, it's something that I can't do with out now. The sound is similar but the feel is way different. I'd totally recommend it, I think you'll like it a lot.
Thank you for your answer! the raius is 10"? Thank you mate! :)

Back