PRS Custom 24 Floyd Dustie Waring Signature!

themike

main1.jpg

main2.jpg

main3.jpg

The progressive metal band, Between the Buried and Me has a sound that is both heavy and melodic, lush and menacing - a tone that rhythm guitarist Dustie Waring achieves with PRS guitars and amplifiers.

“I can’t see myself playing anything else. They are perfect instruments that you can get any tone you want out of, and they look absolutely badass,” Dustie Waring, Between the Buried and Me.

Since 2008, Waring has traditionally used a PRS Custom 24 outfitted with a Floyd Rose tremolo system. This limited edition signature model takes the PRS Custom 24 ‘Floyd’ platform and adds some unique features that Dustie specified to make his perfect PRS, including Dustie Waring signature DiMarzio humbucking pickups. Waring’s signature pickups were designed to cover the spectrum from pristine cleans to heavy rhythm chords all with no harsh trebles or mushy bottom end. Paired with black hardware and a satin finish, these guitars have a look that is as sophisticated and menacing as Waring’s tone.

“PRS guitars are something you can be proud to own. They’re simply incredible! But aside from the amazing looks, crazy playability and super thick sound; the company believes in what they’re building and put everything into it. There’s no sacrifice in any part of the build, it’s 100% all the way. There’s a family vibe at PRS and it shows in every product. For what I do in BTBAM and my other projects, they’re the perfect guitars for me,” Dustie Waring.

There is no cap to the number of Dustie Waring signature guitars that will be made, but the order window is limited to October 8, through December 15, 2014. Contact your Authorized PRS Dealer to place your order."

Dustie Waring Limited Edition Model Specs

Top Wood: Carved Figured Maple 10-Top

Back Wood: Mahogany

Number of Frets: 24

Scale Length: 25"

Neck Wood: Rock Maple

Fretboard Wood: Ebony

Neck Shape: Pattern Thin

Fretboard Inlays: Birds and Glow-In-The-Dark Side Dots

Bridge: Floyd Rose "Original" Tremolo and Locking Nut

Tuners: PRS Phase III Locking Tuners

Hardware Type: Black

Treble Pickup: Dusty Waring Signature DiMarzio Treble Humbucker

Bass Pickup: Dusty Waring Signature DiMarzio Bass Humbucker

Pickup Switching: Volume and Tone Controls with 5-Way Blade Pickup Selector

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not a floyd guy but this model is everything I feel a working guitarists guitar should be that plays anything remotely heavy. Mean, agressive, beautiful with practicality mixed in. Its stunning AND notice how they are being made to order? Smart idea and something I hope they continue to do bringing us some more new models easier with less risk.

I'm GASing hard for this. Hopefully, PRS will come out with a Limited Edition Emil Werstler sig as well!

Just before I saw this thread I was thinking "3 is really enough. My GAS is over." and then this :adore:

...and they are even using DiMarzios by default. I'm no longer alone...:creep:

Last edited:
Saw the email earlier this morning from my YouTube subs.
Have heard a few of these guy's songs on Sirius Satellite Radio.

I've never had any interest in a guitar with a FL. But. That is about to change my mind.

Anyone watch until the end of the video above and follow the link to the video on the Tree of Life Angelus? Holy Jeezus!

Back