PRS CUSTOM 24-08 WIRING DIAGRAM

It is helpful. Thank you! Ultimately ive decided to just get rid of the "08" part of it all together. Im going to set it up with just the volume, tone, and 3-way selector. the problem im having now is finding out how to install the Bass pickup. It literally has one damn wire lol but ill keep looking.

Yeah, one it to little. What pickups you got? This layout is for 85/15 TCI. They are multitap and not really apply to Duncans, BKP or so on. I have a layout from the BKP which does almost same thing (adding the small cap to the split mod), yet simplified. Wasn't my work so I can email it to you but its the same principle as DGT resistor mode so I'm sure you can figure it out.

Just shout if you need anything bud

Yeah, one it to little. What pickups you got? This layout is for 85/15 TCI. They are multitap and not really apply to Duncans, BKP or so on. I have a layout from the BKP which does almost same thing (adding the small cap to the split mod), yet simplified. Wasn't my work so I can email it to you but its the same principle as DGT resistor mode so I'm sure you can figure it out.

Just shout if you need anything bud

They are the Tremonti Bass and Treble pickups (PRS) The treble pickup seems pretty standard, but the bass pickup has just one wire. It feels like the shielding around it is metal. im starting to wonder if the shielding itself doesnt get soldered somewhere? Thank you again brotha for taking the time to help. I thought this was going to be pretty standard. obviously i was wrong lol I found plenty of schematics for a one vol, one tone, 3-way switch setup. Im just not sure what to do with this bass pickup and its one dang wire lol

They are the Tremonti Bass and Treble pickups (PRS) The treble pickup seems pretty standard, but the bass pickup has just one wire. It feels like the shielding around it is metal. im starting to wonder if the shielding itself doesnt get soldered somewhere? Thank you again brotha for taking the time to help. I thought this was going to be pretty standard. obviously i was wrong lol I found plenty of schematics for a one vol, one tone, 3-way switch setup. Im just not sure what to do with this bass pickup and its one dang wire lol

Aw yeah, you can't split the Bass Tremonti. I would defo go with 3 way

Thread bump!
Out of curiosity: if I installed mini switches on my CE24, could I mimic the splitting of a 24-08? Do I need the 5 lead 85/15 or can I use the existing CE 85/15 with 1 hot, ground shield, and split wire? I know I could try install a push pull on the volume pot and achieve separate splitting but I like the mini switches that are on my Paul’s guitars. I would like the ability to split both in the middle but also would be curious to have the neck split and full humbucker bridge. The latter currently is not available in the current CE unless I disconnected the split on the bridge.

Back