PRS Custom 24-08 Thread

That's a fantastic top! No doubt you'll be pleased when it's built. What color did you say you were going with?

The color is copperhead burst. I’ve seen huge variation in the way this particular color comes out. I’m hoping for a fairly pronounced burst. Yes, that top is gorgeous with tons of perpendicular flame.

The 24-08 would be the one I’d get if I were after a custom.

Yeah, I'm so used to my PS 408 2012 Experience and my 509 Swamp Ash/maple neck/FB, I'd have to have
the 24-08 to do a Custom 24 now... Would actually prefer a 5 position blade like the 509 for more options.

Seriously? Was this model actually released in 2017? Where the hell have I been?
https://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/blog/post/meet_the_new_custom_24_08

Since there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of chatter about these Custom 24-08 models (probably because of all the ruckus that the Silver Sky model is generating), I had a terrifying thought yesterday...
"What if they stop making the Custom 24-08 model?"
To which I then thought,
"Holy crap! I've only got one! I've got to have at least two of any given model I own, SO NOW I MUST GO OUT AND BUY ANOTHER ONE IN CASE THEY STOP MAKING THEM!"

Welcome to my private hell.

Glad they're letting you see it as it's being built, it's a nice touch to compensate for the 'abnormal' wait. That top is outstanding by the way.

I just got a CU24-08 in Northern Lights from Chuck Levin from their Wood Library anniversary run, they should still have one.
I'll try to take pictures/videos soon.
I had sold my PS in Northern Lights couple weeks ago ( too pretty and expensive, I was always afraid to play it...) and I'm glad I found a Core model in that finish.
Colors are as vivid as the PS and the figuring is awesome (the PS was off the charts though).

Yes I saw this model since its launch. The twin toggle system should make good sound considering from my experience with PG and 408 models.
BTW, to my liking, this kind of multi switching is unnecessarily too much for me. And in live situation it's not intuitive at all. I think the best switching for live performance should be operated within one movement of selecting hand.

It might sound great, but not practical to use IMHO.

I concur entirely. At home on the sofa, you can get used to anything.
Live, under a blinding spotlight, a simple intuitive layout is vital.

I find this control layout off-putting. Its one of the main reasons I prefer the 'regular' 2 knob master controls most often used in PRS models.
I have even gone to the trouble of having traditional 4 knob Gibson circuits entirely re-wired and reconfigured just to simplify the system and minimize control/switching errors.

Since today is the last day in October, I don't think mine is coming at the end of October....

I hate u... LoL!!! o_O:D

Here, use this:

bca1254f2bfd5c764b6387a6a3b18600.png

Last Friday was my day. More than half a year earlier as expected I have got my dream in my hands

Back