PRS CU24 2012 with RW neck

redmania

Hi Guys

Long time lurker first time poster. G'day from Australia!!!!

I'm a big fan of PRS guitars and I currently have a 20th Anniversary CU24 and an 09DGT. I am after replacing my CU24 as it no longer suits my playing style. I am more into blues/Jazz esque tone/style. I have been offered the CU24 2012 with a RW neck for a very good price. Unfortunately I won't have the chance to play it.

As such how would you guys describe the guitar? Is it more vintage oriented than my CU24 or other?

Any feedback off anyone who has played or owned one would be great.

Thanks

Hi mate, whereabouts in Aus are you? There's a couple of us on here...

I haven't played a '12 CU24 but I do have a 59/09 in one of my guitars, and compared to the 57/08s they're a bit hotter and punchier, with a really nice harmonic balance to them. The RW neck will add some mids/warmth (plus it will feel amazing), but I'd be looking at the more vintage inspired PRSes with 57/08s or 53/10s e.g. Stripped 58, SC58, hollowbodies etc.

Hi mate, whereabouts in Aus are you? There's a couple of us on here...

I haven't played a '12 CU24 but I do have a 59/09 in one of my guitars, and compared to the 57/08s they're a bit hotter and punchier, with a really nice harmonic balance to them. The RW neck will add some mids/warmth (plus it will feel amazing), but I'd be looking at the more vintage inspired PRSes with 57/08s or 53/10s e.g. Stripped 58, SC58, hollowbodies etc.

I'm in Melbourne. What about you?

I was planning on going to Syndal music for a play at the weekend as they seem to have a good selecton there. Still love CU24s though, I want it to be made for what I want!!!!!:biggrin::408mt:

DO NOT WAIT!!! This is what awaits you, and you will NOT be disappointed. Below is a 2009 Cu24AP EI Rosewood 59/09s. I absolutely love this guitar. The pickups are the only thing that would lean it to vintage. Those can be changed if you do not like them.

P9242764_zps457be5bf.jpg

P9242766_zps94b98284.jpg

I'm in Melbourne. What about you?

I was planning on going to Syndal music for a play at the weekend as they seem to have a good selecton there. Still love CU24s though, I want it to be made for what I want!!!!!:biggrin::408mt:
Tassie mate! Send you a pm regarding music shops...

Back