PRS Cover Story

Goldtop

A Top (and Heart) of Gold
The latest issue - July 2015 - of "Guitar & Bass" Magazine from the UK features a cover story on the S2 Vela. (The guitar is getting a lot of ink recently, especially in the UK, which is a good thing.) It's a short article, but it's detailed and very complimentary. It gets into the actual development of the guitar, including some tweaks along the way by Mr. Smith. Great pictures as usual. The writers rate the Vela 9/10.

There is also a nice interview and writeup on James Burton. And one of the magazine's regular features called "Private Collections" appears twice. One is about the collection of Nick Smith, and it's all about basses! (No pun or reference to Meghan Trainor intended.) And the other deals with Tom Wittrock, the great collector and expert on vintage Les Paul Sunbursts.

All in all, not a bad way to spend thirteen bucks.

Goldtop Lloyd

P.S. - Usually I don't include online links, hoping instead to get folks interested in going to an actual bookstore while we still have them. But this time I'm including a link to the G&B website. Happy reading no matter how you choose to do it!

http://www.guitar-bass.net/

Last edited:
Thanks Lloyd!

Can be hit and miss whether I can get this mag. All the shops have rows upon rows of women's 'interest' mags and the rest gets squeezed into a small section. Occasionally this turns up.

Back