PRS Cover Story

Goldtop

A Top (and Heart) of Gold
The latest issue (#391) of the UK magazine "Guitarist" has hit the stands here in the USA, and it's loaded with PRS content. Cover story is "30 Years of PRS", and there are tons of pictures, interviews, etc. inside. A timeline of milestones, product reviews, and even a selection of artists and releases featuring PRS sounds (Santana, Opeth, McBride, Simpson, and last but not least, Grissom).

The issue can easily be found online, but rather than posting a link here, please allow me to make a friendly suggestion: How about supporting your local bookstores before they disappear? Take a friend or family member, drop in, buy a copy or three, and enjoy!

Goldtop Lloyd

Love that mag...will find it. They always cover lots of PRS stuff, and good reviews, too
Yet again, proving that you're a man of fine tastes. :D

This issue is really packed IMO. In addition to all of the PRS coverage, there are articles about new Suhr amps, Taylor acoustics and the harvesting of maple, and interviews with Carl Verheyen and Paul Gilbert. There's also a comparison of four Strat models for the Fender fans among us.

Happy Reading. Have a good weekend!

Goldtop Lloyd

Picked it up at a B&N last week. Would have posted about it, but I could have sworn someone had already posted about it here.

That's issue 391--mine hasn't shown up yet, but I just got 392! The distributor told me that the bad weather on the East Coast (they're in Virginia) has thrown their schedule into disarray. I hope I get my copy of #391 soon--I'm looking forward to reading that PRS article! By the way, 392 has a good interview with Mark Knopfler...

I'm glad to know that I'm not alone in my love of actual books and magazines. I don't feel quite so out of touch now. :D

Goldtop Lloyd

You are not, sir. I prefer having the printed hard copy. Which I have to admit surprises me to some extent - I've told my wife, I can't figure out why I'm resistant to an e-reader (DRM issues aside). If you'd told a 14-year-old me I could have a portable device smaller than a Mad Magazine that would hold 10,000+ books and magazines and would let me get new books and mags w/o leaving my house, I'd have signed up in a heartbeat. Sometimes I think my wife is not such a good judge of character.

Back