PRS Could someone help me

Fredgagnon17

Hey, I just bought my first PRS and I think it was a pretty good deal. I would like to know how much it's worth. It is the special model with the birds on the neck, but on the headstock it's written one of one and the serial number is handwritten on the back of the headstock. I know the special model price is around 2500$ but i can't find no one written one of one on it. It has 24 frets and the guitar is purple. I would like to know howmuch it worth cause I only paid 500$ for it and I think it worth a lot more. Could you help me?

Here's a picture! One the head it's written Paul Reed Smith and on top it's written One of One.
553163_10151869588443042_1978597604_n.jpg

a 25th anniversary edition Custom 24? Hopefully someone here can tell when the slider switch became standard. Not sure about the one of one though... What does the serial number start with? Is their a MODCAT barcode sticker on the case anywhere?

The lower cutaway looks wrong. I think you may have an impostor. More pics would help to know for sure, especially the front and back of the headstock.

Yep, that's a fake. Should try to get your money back if the guy told you that was a real PRS, because it's definitely not.

Well I don't really mind the guitar sounds great and I only paid 500$ for it. I'm more of a fender guy and when i bought this guitar i didn't know nothing about PRS. So I might keep it anyway

Also if you want a laundry list of the easy ways to tell that this guitar is fake:

1. Top carve is wrong
2. Bridge is wrong
3. Headstock is wrong
4. Grover tuners are wrong (should have had PRS tuners)
5. Serial is written on the wrong portion of the headstock
6. Knobs look wrong
7. Can't tell from your tiny picture but guessing inlays probably look off up close

Totally a fake, no chance that is real. If this was a Craigslist deal and you don't know where the guy lives or how to meet up with him again, you might have just been screwed, as that's likely another one of the "Made in China" rip-offs.

EDIT: Per your post above, if you like it, that's cool. But if you decide to try to sell it, I sure hope you don't try to dupe someone else by telling them it's a "real" PRS later. :creep:

I didn't think the 25th's had the slider switch - but as these guys have noted, the headstock pics seal the deal - a bad fake... sorry man.

Well, I know where the guy lives so he might have some visits from me haha! I should have checked before buying it, but I tought I made a good deal. Thank you guys anyway!

Yes i'm gonna get it back tonight! I called the guy he was trying to act like he didn't know but I'm 100% sure he was aware of it!

Haha thanks! I got my money back anyway so now i'll try to be more careful amd buy a real one!!

Everyone here would gladly assist if you could post pics prior to purchase...tons of knowledge with the guys that hang out around here!!

I wouldn't expect to find a real PRS american in the 500 range, best prices I've seen start about 1100 for some older models,but for 500 you might get a really good SE

Back