PRS continues to amaze me with tuning stability - SE ZM

shinksma

What? I get a title?
I wanted to mess around with some effects tonight, so I grabbed a guitar I hadn't played in quite a while (probably Springtime), my SE Zack Myers with spalted maple top - I think I mentioned it in a different thread earlier today, so maybe that is what spurred me to grab it.

Plugged it in, single strum expecting to have to tune, and nope. Perfectly in tune still. It has to be about 6 months since I played it. No fancy locking tuners, no filing or replacement of of the nut. Admittedly, that is a fixed bridge, so that helps, but still!

And I got some really nice tones out of it, recorded a few tidbits in case they inspire a future song. Might be my favorite electric SE (though the 277 SH with soapies offers up some good stuff too!). It is Mr. Reliable.

In tune with itself or at A440?

I love it when this happens BTW, A440 or not. Doesn't matter if its in tune with itself

After travelling 2,700+ Km from Sweden to my home in the UK, I was astonished to find that the tuning on my newly acquired SC HB II Piezo was bang on pitch and in tune. The previous owner said it had never been played, the strings looked and sounded years old, but the tuning was solid. Amazing.

Back