PRS Colours

Broadly speaking, what is your preferred PRS guitar finish colours?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You forgot violet/purple.
I've got a blood orange, a faded blue jean, a violet and a faded blue to emerald burst.
I really want a vivid emerald, jade or eriza verde next.
I've got plenty of other guitars in traditional earth-tone finishes, I like my PRS' flashy!

Last edited:
You forgot violet/purple.
I've got a blood orange, a faded blue jean, a violet and a faded blue to emerald bust.
I really want a vivid emerald, jade or eriza verde next.
I've got plenty of other guitars in traditional earth-tone finishes, I like my PRS' flashy!

I've never been a green guy...but the eriza verde is strikingly beautiful to my eyes.

I voted green but I'm also a fan of the yellow tones like Amber, & McCarty burst

When I first saw PRS guitars back in the early 90s, I fell in love with the old school PRS colors- Emerald Green, Vintage Yellow, Amber, and Purple.

I have one of each color except Purple.

McCarty Sunburst & Northern Lights.

JMSuperEagleMain%28800%29.jpg

238dc8e4bb9c53014f642723df24ecb8.jpg

Almost any shade of blue works for me...having said that, I have a ssh, in autumn shy that looks phenomenal, and a trans green studio, and..a few more in various shades of blue...lol!

I’m a sucker for secret service car colors. Blacks, greys, browns....
01_34.jpg

I guess I see rainbows in the dark.

I find i'm most drawn to colors containing blues, which includes greens and purples. I've sold most of my reddish guitars over the years, but I'm getting a hankering for something cherry-colored. Looking back at my old (sold) Dark Cherry Sunburst McCarty i'm reminded what a beautiful guitar it was.

So it seems natural timber tones/yellows are the most favoured colours followed by reds, then blues. Nobody who’s voted, so far likes solid colours. Is that because it hides beautiful timber grains? I really dislike scratch plates for that same reason.

I voted "Blue" because all things being equal I tend to choose blues, but honestly it's the combo colors that I really like the best, Solana Burst its my favorite of the ones I have, so that's a flaming orange/yellow... and I don't much care for orange or yellow. I don't have a Northern Lights guitar, but honestly it's THE most beautiful guitar finish I've ever seen, and it's... what... purple/ blue/ green/black?

So... there's no category for my favorite colors which are the dynamic changeable combos.

Last edited:
I would have gone for the traditional bursts, but then I recent added 4 solid color ones and love the look of all of them. So all of them it is!

Nobody who’s voted, so far likes solid colours. Is that because it hides beautiful timber grains?
I like solid colours, but they are not my preference. I do have a Frost Blue Metallic, and I like it. I don't like all the solid colours, just like I don't like all the stains.

Beautiful wood grain for me please. Solid colors seems like it has something to hide. :)

Back