PRS clip on tuners?

I like your thinking Wedge, but like Alnus has said it may create more problems than it solves.
Maybe something like a slim piece of metal that attached at each end by opposite tuners so it spanned the back of the headstock with a little arch in the middle, just high enough to slide the tuner clip under ??

Edit: We pay a goodly sum of money to buy the best instruments, do we really want to be attaching pieces of metal to the headstocks.......

Last edited:
I received my tuner from Sweetwater this morning. After having used everything from cheap Snark tuners to more costly Peterson Stroboclips, none of which worked worth a damn on a PRS headstock shape, this tuner is a decided improvement all around. Easily and solidly clips to the headstock, the solid connection making note detection fast and stable. And what PRS player won’t love the “in tune” indicator! Several modes of display operation, adjustable tuning, and a wide, bright display round out the package. A solid deal, in the middle of the clip on tuner range price-wise; about $30.00 US.

To the earlier placement question, behind the headstock is much better for viewing and operating the tuner. I don’t use clip on tuners live, but if I did I would also prefer the look of it not being out front.

Verdict: A winner any PRS player will appreciate.

I figure the attached part only has to protrude a half inch or so and be less than 1/8” thick, just enough to clip onto. Case foam should absorb that.

I like your thinking Wedge, but like Alnus has said it may create more problems than it solves.
Maybe something like a slim piece of metal that attached at each end by opposite tuners so it spanned the back of the headstock with a little arch in the middle, just high enough to slide the tuner clip under ??

Edit: We pay a goodly sum of money to buy the best instruments, do we really want to be attaching pieces of metal to the headstocks.......

Not trying to throw a spanner in the works. From experience, I know that any clip on tuner protrudes quite a lot and has a tendency not to fit properly in a case or bag when attached to the headstock.

If it were permanently fixed, then clearance is worth considering.

Yeah my idea was NOT to permanently mount. The clip allows for normal use but hide it behind the headstock. I think I’ll have to make one and show it off

Sorry dude I misunderstood, you mentioned it attaching to a tuner by a screw and I assumed. You know that makes an “@ss” of me!

I’m intrigued.

interesting! I already have the electronic tc polytune so I don't need it .... mmmm although come to think of it, one more tuner clip why not! it's like guitars we never have enough! Yes No!;)

Wondering if PRS will bring out a stomp tuner with the Coopers Hawk on too!

In the words of James Brown:

“Please, please, please, please.....”

Back