PRS clip on tuners?

For those that have them, can we see some pics of how well they fit the headstock please.

thank you

Here ya go, @Fram !

Ubg6NN4.jpg
tH2ww3g.jpg
55FsU2C.jpg
JIAXl7b.jpg

Brilliant stuff, thank you mate, perfect !!

Looks to be a really good fit

Will order one tomorrow, yay.

So...tuner face behind the headstock or in front? How do you prefer?

I really couldn’t figure out a way to make it work front facing, so mine is facing back. It seems really precise and easy to use regardless.

UPDATE: OK, I figured out how to flip it over. I think behind the headstock would work better on stage, but I’ll use front facing in my living room....

Last edited:
I had a thought this morning, which is scary on its own, but I love the ease of use of headstock tuners but hate the look of them. What if we had a tiny thin piece of metal that we can screw down with an existing tuner screw onto the back of the headstock, and then attach our clip on to it? You would not see it from the front and have the same tuning quality since it is directly clamped and can feel the vibrations.

I did see someone already makes a small tuner that does just this but I have like five or seven of these clamp on types already and don't want to buy more if I don’t have to. I I had a dremel tool and talent I would make one. Does it sound like a good idea?

I had a thought this morning, which is scary on its own, but I love the ease of use of headstock tuners but hate the look of them. What if we had a tiny thin piece of metal that we can screw down with an existing tuner screw onto the back of the headstock, and then attach our clip on to it? You would not see it from the front and have the same tuning quality since it is directly clamped and can feel the vibrations.

I did see someone already makes a small tuner that does just this but I have like five or seven of these clamp on types already and don't want to buy more if I don’t have to. I I had a dremel tool and talent I would make one. Does it sound like a good idea?

One thing worth considering would be clearance in the headstock area of a hard case or gig bag.

Back