PRS Chris Robertson SE

Very tempted by this
For those saying this can easily be built via mods, well, true to some extent but you ain't gonna get a 57/08 for cheap out there.
This is very good value all things considered.

Looking at those shops that already have it in stock, there is a price difference of over $300 between a "regular" SE245 and the CR model :eek:

That would give you a lot of space to either go completely crazy in the custom shop / boutique pickup sector or to hunt down a very rare model on the second hand market.
Just my $ 0.02

I could be wrong about this, but there's no way they're putting a 57/08 into an SE.

They have, and it's not even unprecedented... PRS did a UK-only "special edition" Bernie Marsden sig a few years ago with a full set of USA-made 53/10s.

Here is mine - all the way from Selby, North Yorkshire. 4026 miles to get to me in South Dakota but totally worth it!!

IMG_3637_zps9vmnfskd.jpg

IMG_3636_zpsop3kcrui.jpg

Last edited:
That`s a real beauty. Can`t wait to hear your impressions on how it sounds. Juka, the routing
for a p90 is different from the humbucker routing. I think this is a really good price considering what you get. I promised myself that I`d calm down for a while on buying, or I`d have one in the mail right now.

Stupid question -- humbucker in the bridge, P90 in the neck -- is that normal? I mean, normal normal? What I mean is, is that the sort of tone combination that is frequently chosen? I was thinking of putting humbucker sized P90s into one of my guitars, but I was thinking bridge, as I already have a very nice neck humbucker that I'm happy with, and it's more of a neck humbucker, and the P90 pickup would be nice brighter flavor to switch to.

Stupid question -- humbucker in the bridge, P90 in the neck -- is that normal? I mean, normal normal? What I mean is, is that the sort of tone combination that is frequently chosen? I was thinking of putting humbucker sized P90s into one of my guitars, but I was thinking bridge, as I already have a very nice neck humbucker that I'm happy with, and it's more of a neck humbucker, and the P90 pickup would be nice brighter flavor to switch to.

Tom Scholz of Boston may have been one of the first to do it...

http://www.gettyimages.ie/event/bos...night-of-their-us-tour-at-picture-id147389743

It's an unbelievably good combination, IMO. I've got a couple guitars with it and the middle position is more usable on them than any others, plus all the benefit of the individual pickups as you would get on any other guitar.

Tom Scholz of Boston may have been one of the first to do it...

http://www.gettyimages.ie/event/bos...night-of-their-us-tour-at-picture-id147389743

It's an unbelievably good combination, IMO. I've got a couple guitars with it and the middle position is more usable on them than any others, plus all the benefit of the individual pickups as you would get on any other guitar.
Not even close to being at the same level, but I'm a huge Paramore fan. Josh Farro had a Custom Shop 72 deluxe tele with an SD Alnico Pro in the bridge and an SD Phat Cat (humbucker sized p90) in the neck. Sweet sounding guitar.

That`s a real beauty. Can`t wait to hear your impressions on how it sounds. Juka, the routing
for a p90 is different from the humbucker routing. I think this is a really good price considering what you get. I promised myself that I`d calm down for a while on buying, or I`d have one in the mail right now.

The combination of the P90 and 57/08 (with coil tap) is a match made in heaven! The tones you can get out of this guitar range from "Mr. Clean" to "so filthy I feel the need to shower after playing!" Chris and PRS have knocked it out of the park on this one! A little more expensive than your typical SE model but so worth it (IMO).

For some reason I missed this announcement, but it's looking very very good! Any updates from you guys who have had it in hand for a while now? How do you like it?

Yep! Got one coming! Should be here next week

The Kentucky Blue Burst should go nicely with the Black Stone Cherry Burst I have been enjoying.

He needs to stop putting out different colors now - my wife is starting to look at me funny! hahaha!

Back