PRS Chris Robertson SE

Has there ever been a signature SE model (not just exclusive finish color) that only released outside of the US? I know there was that Bernie with 53/10s but same model otherwise. I'm also interested in Chris' guitar but I may just risk the biscuit and wait to see if it does well enough in the UK to be available in the US. Thought it was kinda funny the Kentucky man's guitar was UK exclusive but hey, congrats to him either way!

There was another artist who recently had a Europe only SE, Skunk Anansie. I don't have anything against the UK/Europe for getting these upgraded SE's, but why the heck can't we get some too? I mean, PRS is based in the US. Is it because the US retailers won't order the upgraded models? Or do they not have the option?

It'd probably be cheaper (and better, depending on what P90s are going in there) to buy an SE 245 and put 3rd party pups in it. Fralin, Bareknuckle HSP90s, etc. I know I would.

Not sure why this hasn't been posted yet....

PRS_SE_Chris_Robertson.jpg

Well if they are interested in selling a metric **** ton of guitars, then my S2 concept of the Super Eagle Mayer should be in production now. #biased

It'd probably be cheaper (and better, depending on what P90s are going in there) to buy an SE 245 and put 3rd party pups in it. Fralin, Bareknuckle HSP90s, etc. I know I would.

Kinda what I was thinking. My initial reaction was "I've wanted a guitar FOREVER that has a humbucker in the bridge and a P-90 in the neck". But this would not be hard to do. There are so many humbucker sized P-90s in the aftermarket now, you could do just as you described. Or if the P-90 absolutely must be a real P-90 in a soapbar format, PRS makes the SE245 Soapbar. A few makers put humbuckers under P-90 sized covers for the bridge pickup. Converting a P-90 rout into a humbucker rout isn't all that hard either. Look at all the 1970s Gibson LP Deluxes that were converted to LP Standards.

The problem with humbucker sized P90s is that you look like you chose the wrong guitar and decided to fix it with aftermarket parts.

This guitar saves you the pain of looking indecisive.

Lollers -- I must not be vain, I didn't even think about that, and now that I have, disagree completely.

Not sure why this hasn't been posted yet....

PRS_SE_Chris_Robertson.jpg
Very nice guitar!!!

But just as others said before, nothing that couldn't be achieved by buying a regular SE245 and modding the hell out of it (and by the way making it your very own signature model!!!).

Very tempted by this
For those saying this can easily be built via mods, well, true to some extent but you ain't gonna get a 57/08 for cheap out there.
This is very good value all things considered.

I could be wrong about this, but there's no way they're putting a 57/08 into an SE.

Back