PRS Chris Robertson SE

So apparently this is soon to be a thing... a Chris Robertson (Black Stone Cherry) signature model.

14031795_242801442783921_388800752_n.jpg

UK only limited run from what I heard. Zach Myers of Shinedown posted about it on his social medias.

Lately he plays SEs with p90-humbucker configuration, and that's not a current model so, It was a matter of time.
I want one ☝️

7303990a20d0fb3a76074fb68b4ed92eo.jpg

Last edited:
Uk only...hell no. Why is this Uk only? I need one of these.
I wonder if the wording is something like "Only available at Anderton's in the UK!"

Which is ambiguous..on purpose, I suspect. Maybe it is only available from Anderton's for the UK market, but will be generally available outside the UK at other usual sources.

I don't actually see anything on the Anderton's website one way or the other.

Many UK dealers have it already or are getting it imminently.

I'm surprised that it would be a UK exclusive though. Seems odd.

$982 for the guitar and shipping from andertons to the United States. There may be an international purchase charge from your bank as well, mine charged $4. Seriously debating this...

$982 for the guitar and shipping from andertons to the United States. There may be an international purchase charge from your bank as well, mine charged $4. Seriously debating this...

Import duty?? I bought a new Private Stock PRS and had it shipped from UK. They wrote on the shipping slip that this guitar was made in the USA, and being shipped back to the USA. There should not have been duty charged. They DID charge duty, though, which the delivery driver had to collect on delivery. I worked with UPS to explain that the guitar was manufactured IN the USA, and being returned TO the USA, and got the duty refunded.

Given that these guitars are made outside the USA, I would think you would be subject to duty, though.

Kevin

Import duty?? I bought a new Private Stock PRS and had it shipped from UK. They wrote on the shipping slip that this guitar was made in the USA, and being shipped back to the USA. There should not have been duty charged. They DID charge duty, though, which the delivery driver had to collect on delivery. I worked with UPS to explain that the guitar was manufactured IN the USA, and being returned TO the USA, and got the duty refunded.

Given that these guitars are made outside the USA, I would think you would be subject to duty, though.

Kevin

As you said, it came from the USA so there shouldn't be duty that needs to be paid. If they charge it then you have to go through the pain of getting it refunded. It doesn't matter if they were made outside of the USA. PRS pays when they come in so the duty has been paid.

Unless this is a dealer only special run (Andertons ), then shame on PRS for not offering them here.
Sounds like a new model / design, not just a special finish (spalt, etc. ) on existing models....

The description I saw from Zach which wasn't from PRS or a retailer:

It's officially September 1st in the UK ... So I can announce this INCREDIBLE guitar (it truly is one of the best PRS's I've played) it's my friend @cbrbsc from Black Stone Cherry signature SE PRS! It will only be avail in the UK for now in a limited ordering window!!!! Check PRS site for details. Do not miss getting one of these amazing guitars. #prsguitars #PRS #BlackStoneCherry

Back