PRS CE24

blah

Hello guys!

That is my first post, so hi again to all of you. So, tommorow I am going to buy Paul Reed Smith CE24, year 1997. And beacuse I must drive to the owner for about 250 kilometers, I'm wondering if you can tell me if this isn't fake prs on the pictures?

On this link you will find pictures...
http://www.willhaben.at/iad/kaufen-...e-24-wieviel-zahlt-ihr-75623044?adId=75623044

Thank you all for respond in advance!

Greetings from a small conutry in Europe - Slovenia!
Marko.

Cannot quite make out the serial # to verify, but it looks legit. From the winged tuners and signature, and two-piece bridge, 1997 is certainly within the range.

If you can get the exact S/N we can look it up on the PRS Support site.

Definitely looks legit from those photos, all-mahogany CE24 in Black Sunburst. From the heel (looks larger like on my 1997) it's probably a "Standard" neck carve, so it may be a little beefier profile than a wide thin. Nice guitar, good luck!

Looks totally like the genuine article to me, and a real beauty at that.

Heck, If I saw that for sale around here, I would be very tempted to buy it!

Welcome to the Forum!

Excellent - wishing you a smooth transaction and a welcome to our little forum from Slovenia! CEs are my favorite PRSes.

With the all-mahogany body you should get some nice growl out of her. My 1997 is the closest of all of me CEs to the Standard 24 / Custom 24 end of the spectrum (although she is a maple-top).

My 1991 (below) looks alot like the one you are getting (although the body is made of alder and there are a few other differences with the older ones):

070_zps803fdfbc.jpg

Looking forward to your pictures and the tone report! If you really want to have fun (at least I think it's fun) pull the pickups when you restring her, you will find alot of useful information in the pickup cavities, and if you have any concerns about the legitimacy you will be able to match the serial #

Congrats! My first hit, err, I mean PRS guitar was a CE24. Awesome guitars. It's an addiction that only grows. I can almost promise it won't be your last! :)

Hehe, yes. Now when I brought her home, than I saw PRS Standard 24 20th Anniversery model. And now, I'm in love again... :( Damn you be, GAS!

But this CE, it has neverending sustain... :D

Congratulations, Marko - excellent score!

I have always been amazed by the sustain of my bolt-on CEs, even compared to other set neck PRSes I own.

Cannot wait to see pics of the20th Anniversary Standard when you get it too ;)

it starts...

If you want to hear how my CE24 sounds like than listen to this link:

It was recorded with Zoom H2n (4-chanel). Straight cable from PRS CE24 into Laboga Studio Reverb.

Last edited by a moderator:
blah, some really nice growly sounds there! That all-hog body is showing through very nicely. And a good variety of tunings to show off what the guitar, and you, are capable of. Tasty!

And nice looking guitar, too!

Thank you very much :) I really like that kind of sound and that CE is the best for it. I hope I will get some Custom model in future :)

And there is some live studio session from our band Supporting Act. The gear was: PRS CE24, Laboga Studio Reverb, Marshall 1960A (1990, old celestion g12-65t) and recorded with Shure SM57.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back