PRS CE24 Static Noise - Please help!

Just following up.....I was all set to shield the control cavity with copper tape and realized that the cavity is not totally enclosed. There is a rout to the pickup cavity that is pretty large and I dont think I will be able to effectively shield the cavity.

I still do not believe that shielding will remedy the problem but I am willing to try almost anything.

Thanks again for looking!

You’ll be surprised, it may not take the noise 100% away, but it may take it 80% away and it never bothers you again…

Sooooo........I shielded the control cavity last night and it did not change a thing. I did not expect it to, but I am willing to try almost anything.

I returned a CE24 semi hollow (my first PRS) over the weekend because of this issue. I have another one on the way and hoping it is better. The store seemed to think it's RF interference but I don't have it with any other guitars using the same cables, amps, etc.

I returned a CE24 semi hollow (my first PRS) over the weekend because of this issue. I have another one on the way and hoping it is better. The store seemed to think it's RF interference but I don't have it with any other guitars using the same cables, amps, etc.
I recently replaced the pickups with 58/15 LT TCI. Noise is gone.

I recently replaced the pickups with 58/15 LT TCI. Noise is gone.
Curious, what pickups were in there originally?

I don't understand those extra ground wire..... I would think they would act more like antennas not going anywhere... just the screw hole in the wood SMH

Glad replacing the pups cured the problem

I know that pickguards and backplates can cause static noise. So a ground wire to the screw that holds the backplate makes some sense. But I don;t know if that is a correct way to solve the problem in a technical way. I have a Tele with a pickguard that generates static noise. I seem to remember reading on some other forum that rubbing the backplate/pickguard with some kind of cloth helps for a couple of weeks.
I used to rub the pickguard of my strat with those pink anti cling drier pads you throw in a clothes drier to eliminate static.

It worked. Some plastic creates more static than others.

I also stopped shuffling around in my stocking feet while playing my guitar on the carpet of my music room.

Last edited:
Back